Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: What 5.56 round do you have in your AR15 rifle??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flenna View Post
    Make a solid hit with any of them and it’s a moot point.
    True I just don't like fmj rounds in 5.56. I'm not saying m193 isn't effective, just not in my top 10 for defensive loads.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Not to be a ****, but from reading your posts, I think it would be most beneficial for you to just buy a few cases of Wolf Gold and actually shoot that 6920 that you bought.

Keep a few mags full of whatever good ammo was recommended in this thread, and just learn how to shoot and get used to the AR.

A couple thousand dollars worth of cheap training ammo (that gets used) and just a couple mags of good defensive ammo > a couple thousand dollars worth of good defensive ammo for a gun that has never even been fired.

I'm far from a professional, but I've been there before myself. Overthinking that I have to have nothing but latest greatest ammo loaded up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    Not to be a ****, but from reading your posts, I think it would be most beneficial for you to just buy a few cases of Wolf Gold and actually shoot that 6920 that you bought.

Keep a few mags full of whatever good ammo was recommended in this thread, and just learn how to shoot and get used to the AR.

A couple thousand dollars worth of cheap training ammo (that gets used) and just a couple mags of good defensive ammo > a couple thousand dollars worth of good defensive ammo for a gun that has never even been fired.

I'm far from a professional, but I've been there before myself. Overthinking that I have to have nothing but latest greatest ammo loaded up.
    Perfectly put.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    We get a ton of green tip/M855 for training so I always have lots on hand for range work but keep the SHTF HD mags loaded with work issued Federal 62 grain XM556FBIT3M rounds with Black Hills Barnes 50g optimized TSX as backup. Both are superior all purpose/LE/HD rounds that you could trust with your life.
    Have to mention that I chose 70g Barnes TSX for my handloads after seeing first-hand what it did to hogs. I would have no problem loading HD mags with them if two-legged critters were the problem at hand.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post
    We get a ton of green tip/M855 for training so I always have lots on hand for range work but keep the SHTF HD mags loaded with work issued Federal 62 grain XM556FBIT3M rounds with Black Hills Barnes 50g optimized TSX as backup. Both are superior all purpose/LE/HD rounds that you could trust with your life.
    Have to mention that I chose 70g Barnes TSX for my handloads after seeing first-hand what it did to hogs. I would have no problem loading HD mags with them if two-legged critters were the problem at hand.
    The Federal T3 load is arguably the best LE load there is. Not cheap price wise but it is worth it. Great choice. The best there is through glass with amazing expansion and holds together.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    I just use 55 grain Federal that I buy at Walmart in the 100 round box. Nobody has ever told me it was not OK, so it is convenient, available, and less than .40 cents a round. Am i going wrong?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    I just use 55 grain Federal that I buy at Walmart in the 100 round box. Nobody has ever told me it was not OK, so it is convenient, available, and less than .40 cents a round. Am i going wrong?
    No you aren't wrong. A good accurate hit is what matters. Rock on.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by indianalex01 View Post
    The Federal T3 load is arguably the best LE load there is. Not cheap price wise but it is worth it. Great choice. The best there is through glass with amazing expansion and holds together.
    I just ordered another hundred of those today. I already have 90 loaded in 3 mags. They were $73 for 100 rounds and I never seen them that cheap. I know there still expensive but like you said its a great all purpose round. These are gonna be loaded for my home defense AR for sure. Any lead fouling issue's with these soft points?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf.545 x .39 View Post
    I just ordered another hundred of those today. I already have 90 loaded in 3 mags. They were $73 for 100 rounds and I never seen them that cheap. I know there still expensive but like you said its a great all purpose round. These are gonna be loaded for my home defense AR for sure. Any lead fouling issue's with these soft points?
    Lead failing isn't an issue. It's an overblown thing. If you are using a reputable AR then you shouldn't have any issues. I tend to use Gold Dots or SOST but T3 is federal's top round in 5.56/223
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rocsteady View Post
    I have some of those 70gr Barnes TSX left over from when Silver State built them. Good round.
    US NAVY
    1961-1965

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast