Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads up clone dorks: Brownells now selling complete Colt M4 lowers ($244 shipped)

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    And they're gone (again?).
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Not sure, showed in stock and let me order one 5 mins ago. Got an email confirmation.

Now, it says back out of stock and no backorder on the website. I'll update the post if they cancel my order. I say check it a couple times a day if you want one...

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    oh well. till next time again.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Jumped on one of these today, didn't know about the $20 coupon, so payed the $269. Stoked, glad I got one, was kicking myself in the ass for not getting one on the last sale. I was skimming through this long ass thread, so these aren't quite as good quality as ones off of a regular 6920 rifle?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Some are upset about the CR serial number prefix vs. an LE serial number prefix. Most have come with a CR but some got the LE prefix.

Others claim these are built from leftover parts from the Colt Expanse line yada, yada.

End of the day all indications are they are build to the same specs as the LE rifles, they just have a CR serial number. As Grant has pointed out, Colt does not source separate parts. These use the same parts as the LE line of carbines.

I have three of these lowers and I have been extremely happy with all. One is on my Colt SOCOM clone with well over 2000 rounds now and not a lick of trouble.

I’m sure you’ll be happy with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by corruptgarage View Post
    Jumped on one of these today, didn't know about the $20 coupon, so payed the $269. Stoked, glad I got one, was kicking myself in the ass for not getting one on the last sale. I was skimming through this long ass thread, so these aren't quite as good quality as ones off of a regular 6920 rifle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by corruptgarage View Post
    What pomyc said, plus the left side of the "L" in the Colt rollmark seems to be really light.

I have one and it went together fine.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Thanks. I forgot about the light “L” rollmark conspiracy.

The last lower I bought when Brownell’s did the discount had a perfect rollmark. Thank God... (sarcasm).

Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    What pomyc said, plus the left side of the "L" in the Colt rollmark seems to be really light.

I have one and it went together fine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Mine shipped today and is scheduled for a Wednesday arrival. Thanks. Great price but I've never been hit with a FFL (10.00) fee from a shipper before. 259.99 shipped. Good deal.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Yep, got the same shipping notice. I was a little surprised I didn't get an out of stock alert. Keep checking, I bet they get more sooner than later.

My stuff usually gets scratched up fast, so the rollmark won't bother me at all.

Now I have to find another upper!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pomyc View Post
    Thanks. I forgot about the light “L” rollmark conspiracy.

The last lower I bought when Brownell’s did the discount had a perfect rollmark. Thank God... (sarcasm).

Just adding some feedback regarding my sample to the thread

The last one I got (around February) also had perfect rollmarks. CR serial number. The box was marked "Spares". It was actually beautifully finished as far as anything Colt goes. It also mated up to the intended BCM upper like they were made for each other. I was pleasantly surprised. Not a drop of oil on anything though. It needed full oil conditioning on every part. Trigger was noticeably rougher than my other Colts, even after oil. Overall, very happy with the lower and regretting not buying more of them.

Page 56 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast