Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Creek lowers?

Feedback Score

Black Creek lowers?

I used the search feature before posting, nothing to answer my question came up.

How good are Black Creek lowers as compared to PSA or Spikes lowers?

I did several google searches and just about everything that came back was about 9mm lowers. I know multi-caliber will do both.

This is for a basic plain Jane build, nothing special, just for use around the farm. Will probably use a PSA or CMMG lower parts kit. I just want a basic lower to slap a PSA upper on.

So, how does Black Creek rank?
    Last edited by ~kev~; 05-17-17 at 22:04.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    How about a link to the particular Black Creek lower you are referring to?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you are a PSA fan, I'm sure the items you mention would satisfy your requirements.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    If you are a PSA fan, I'm sure the items you mention would satisfy your requirements.
    Oh snap!

Feedback Score

Clever. Unnecessarily rude and snobbish, but still, quite clever...
    NRA RSO
    USPSA RO
    SASS RO-I & RO-II
    Certified Black Powder Artillery (Maryland)

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I think I know what Stick meant. Why wouldn't the OP purchase a PSA lower? BTW... Complete blems are on sale for $129 today.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I think I know what Stick meant. Why wouldn't the OP purchase a PSA lower? BTW... Complete blems are on sale for $129 today.

I mean, they work? Not "top tier" but hey I'm cool with that. They had uppers with bcg for $249 shipped the other day. PSA used to do some stuff with FN barrels and chrome lined BCG, but now, all I see if the freedom kits. Whatever. If I want a cheap gun, I'll hand pick my parts.

Get what you pay for. Most of the time!

Feedback Score
    Not really a PSA "fan".

I have been happy with their products.

Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I used to buy my stuff from a local gun store. Owner had something like multiple sclerosis, had to close the store.

Local FFL guy has black creek lowers in stock. Not sure of the model number he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpoe88 View Post
    Get what you pay for. Most of the time!
    I do not mind spending the extra money if the quality is there.

PSA has been having their usual sales with complete classic lowers going for $129.

Black Creek lower is $100.

I am being as honest as I can. This is not for a competition gun, I do not run a guns hard.... what most people say.

Just want something to take to the local range from time to time and keep in the truck while I am working around the farm.

Feedback Score
    For $100 you could order a Sionics, Sons of Liberty Gun Works, or even Aero lower and be in it a $100 after transfer and no tax if out of state. They are all solid choices. I wouldn't risk it with a relative unknown. I have seen the Aero for as low as $50 at Schuler arms. I would say Aero is a step up from PSA, but would prefer one of the other 2 I listed over it

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'll say this: I've been using Anderson lowers for a while now. Pawn shop down the street has a wad of them and they are cheap as dirt. Cheap enough that I can't justify ordering one off line and paying transfer and shipping. I like cheap. I'm selective, but I like cheap. I'll get around to top tier one day.

I almost picked up a SOTA billet for $100 from them, but a quick google popped and said they have spec issues. And with the $59 Anderson I went. Again.

Try a Black Creek. Let us (me) know how it goes.

Also picked up a local made Yellowhammer Arms, and it was junk. Garbage. Pure crap. Way out of spec. Couldn't pin it on an upper without a fight and the bolt catch was out of spec. Didn't matter the magazine, would never catch the bolt. It was also cheap.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Jpoe88; 05-18-17 at 10:55.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast