Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Creek lowers?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    OP: check out the thread in vintage builds: M16A2 clone redo.

That's a Black Creek lower. Maybe not the exact one in question but there's a sample of one being used.
    Last edited by Jpoe88; 05-18-17 at 12:37.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jpoe88 View Post
    I If I want a cheap gun, I'll hand pick my parts.
    I did one of those as a fun project. I bought all used parts, ether from a friend or the E&E. Called it my "Used Car AR". It came in cheaper than I though but was still kind of surprised at the quality it had. Rainier Arms, BCM, ALG, Magpul etc. it was the definition of a Franken gun. I didn't repaint anything and a lot of parts had been painted variety of colors. Lol it looked like... ROUGH!! But it shot well. I did luck up and get a BCM barrel for a great buy and a Rainier Arms BCG for next to nothing.

As far as rest of my builds, the parts are all hand picked but there's nothing cheap about them. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Black Creek lowers?

Quote Originally Posted by ~kev~ View Post

Black Creek lower is $100
    Stripped Lower? Sorry if I missed that part.

If it's a stripped lower, that's a fair price for a good quality AR lower. You aren't buying a Noveske and you know it.

Does that include the FFL fee?

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I did one of those as a fun project. I bought all used parts, ether from a friend or the E&E. Called it my "Used Car AR". It came in cheaper than I though but was still kind of surprised at the quality it had. Rainier Arms, BCM, ALG, Magpul etc. it was the definition of a Franken gun. I didn't repaint anything and a lot of parts had been painted variety of colors. Lol it looked like... ROUGH!! But it shot well. I did luck up and get a BCM barrel for a great buy and a Rainier Arms BCG for next to nothing.

As far as rest of my builds, the parts are all hand picked but there's nothing cheap about them. Lol

I typically cycle thru builds which is why I have never put much into one. I've never done much more than punch holes a few times a year. Now that I have my own property, I think that the two lowers I have will be my last "cheap" guns. I'd like to build something that will service well. Currently have a "hunting" build and a carry handle build, of which aren't designed to be beat down and trained hard. One is to hunt an the other it to learn irons better. I just really don't know wtf I want in a rifle yet.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    For $100 you could order a Sionics, Sons of Liberty Gun Works, or even Aero lower and be in it a $100 after transfer and no tax if out of state. They are all solid choices. I wouldn't risk it with a relative unknown. I have seen the Aero for as low as $50 at Schuler arms. I would say Aero is a step up from PSA, but would prefer one of the other 2 I listed over it
    https://www.tombstonetactical.com/ca...dard-stripped/

Blems are even cheaper. Why dick with an unknown?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    https://www.tombstonetactical.com/ca...dard-stripped/

Blems are even cheaper. Why dick with an unknown?
    I agree with above statement, but referenced to a thread where someone has used one on here. But that doesn't speak of the quality. It's either an a1/A2 replica run they did for some members I believe. I think I'm gonna use a Sionics for my next build. The build that's probably gonna take 12 months because I actually want to build a decent rifle this go around.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    For $100 you could order a Sionics, Sons of Liberty Gun Works, or even Aero lower and be in it a $100 after transfer and no tax if out of state. They are all solid choices. I wouldn't risk it with a relative unknown. I have seen the Aero for as low as $50 at Schuler arms. I would say Aero is a step up from PSA, but would prefer one of the other 2 I listed over it
    I haven't used a Sionics or SOLG, but I've heard good things. What I have used are Aero's. I've built 11 AR-15's and one LR-308, all with Aero lowers, save one (first build) In addition to that, one Noveske lower build and two KAC stripped lower builds. My observations over all of those builds was that I never experienced a single spec/fitting issue with the Aeros. I never had an Aero that had a visible flaw. Nor did I see discoloration on a lower or coloration inconsistencies across all lowers. At least nothing that jumped out at me. These were built over the past 3 years and I only bought two at the same time once. Here's another observation. I would say that only the Noveske had a better finish over the Aero's, but spec-wise there was no difference. I use the same LPK on alley builds. I don't assign value to appearance alone, but it has its place in the overall execution of quality tests. AP may get snobbed by some, but for me personally, I've never had a single issue. I can't say that about all my lowers though.
    I may run down to SA and pick up an SOLG lower and upper, maybe for a RoT build.
    Hmmm.... That's not a bad idea.

OP - I would agree with the rest of the guys. Unless there is some compelling reason to use this specific lower a go, for the price I'd go with lowers that have been proven.

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I haven't used a Sionics or SOLG, but I've heard good things. What I have used are Aero's. I've built 11 AR-15's and one LR-308, all with Aero lowers, save one (first build) In addition to that, one Noveske lower build and two KAC stripped lower builds. My observations over all of those builds was that I never experienced a single spec/fitting issue with the Aeros. I never had an Aero that had a visible flaw. Nor did I see discoloration on a lower or coloration inconsistencies across all lowers. At least nothing that jumped out at me. These were built over the past 3 years and I only bought two at the same time once. Here's another observation. I would say that only the Noveske had a better finish over the Aero's, but spec-wise there was no difference. I use the same LPK on alley builds. I don't assign value to appearance alone, but it has its place in the overall execution of quality tests. AP may get snobbed by some, but for me personally, I've never had a single issue. I can't say that about all my lowers though.
    I may run down to SA and pick up an SOLG lower and upper, maybe for a RoT build.
    Hmmm.... That's not a bad idea.

OP - I would agree with the rest of the guys. Unless there is some compelling reason to use this specific lower a go, for the price I'd go with lowers that have been proven.

I don't disagree with you on the Aero lowers. I have only used one, but finish was good and it was in spec. I did read about some​ issues, but believe that was related to the rush before the election and everything is gtg now. Every company can put out a lemon I just think the chances of one from SOL or Sionics is a little bit less than Aero. For the $55 bucks you can find an Aero for now I would not hesitate to buy another

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Black Creek lowers?

I don't disagree with you on the Aero lowers. I have only used one, but finish was good and it was in spec. I did read about some​ issues, but believe that was related to the rush before the election and everything is gtg now. Every company can put out a lemon I just think the chances of one from SOL or Sionics is a little bit less than Aero. For the $55 bucks you can find an Aero for now I would not hesitate to buy another
    I wasn't suggesting that, just throwing out what I've observed from my OP

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by naverno View Post
    Oh snap!
    That is not a post, that is even worth the effort to click "post reply".

Quote Originally Posted by Locutus View Post
    Clever. Unnecessarily rude and snobbish, but still, quite clever...
    Also, a post not worth the effort. In fact, to me, it makes no sense at all.

To the OP: If you cannot find much information about a company, then most likely, it's quality is questionable to say the least. If known quality is not a requirement for your needs, you might as well give it a shot if that's what you want to do anyway. I'm not suggesting that you are just looking for gratification for something you will buy or have bought anyway, but I will be honest here. This is a buyers market, and this is a forum that leans (for the most part, with more and more exceptions) more toward serious use firearms. Quality parts are out there in your price range.
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast