Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Buy Trijicon MRO now or wait?

Feedback Score
    I recently returned a eotech 512, and purchased and mro a few days ago. Picked it up at rainier arms and put it on a larue mount. It feels rock solid I don't notice any "fisheye" people speak of, little blueish tint but every red dot I've used has had that. I'm taking it to the range to zero it tomorrow, so we shall see but as long as there is no issues there I'm satisfied. The field of view is quite remarkable for such a small sight. I found I like it mounted a little further back than other red dots due to the field of view. Just my two cents.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    MRO = best bang for your buck in a mini RDS. I have two and like them just as much as the T1's I have at a much better price point. Just my opinion and everybody has one.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm on the edge of pulling the trigger on one. It looks like a nice package at a great price but with all the problems people have reported I'm still a bit cautious.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    I'm on the edge of pulling the trigger on one. It looks like a nice package at a great price but with all the problems people have reported I'm still a bit cautious.
    What problems are people reporting that couldn't be reported about any other RDS??

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    What problems are people reporting that couldn't be reported about any other RDS??
    1_Glare when looking toward (not directly at) light.
    2_Red lines when backlit.
    3_Blue Tint.
    4_Electronics visible through tube.
    5_Magnification.
    6_Fisheye Effect.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I have an old Aimpoint Comp M2 that can be accused of suffering most of those same "problems". MRO haters as far as I can tell hate MRO's because they are Aimpoint fan boys. Which is fine, but they studiously ignore the simple facts that any optical red dot device will have every issue they bitch about, including their Aimpoint.

The MRO's that I have seen all had cleaner dots for my eyes than any Aimpoint I've yet to try, and if there is enough of a difference in the optical quality to call one markedly superior to the other I haven't seen it.

Optically the best RDS I've seen is the Leupold LCO, but it's not 2 times as good as the MRO, so I have an MRO on order.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have a magazines worth of experience using the MRO. As a person with an astigmatism, I noticed that with the MRO I can increase the brightness a little more before the "comma" effect kicks in, as compared with my Aimpoint Micro's.

I'm not currently in the market, but if I was, I'd pick the MRO for the "cleaner" dot in my instance.
    Last edited by BBossman; 08-22-16 at 18:23.
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have T1's, Pro's, M2, M3,a T2 and even an EXPS3 and really like the FOV of my two MROs. They do show the various issues pointed out to some degree just like every other red dot I have. But when I start shooting they all work just fine!

I do think they look sorta goofy but if they had the same track record as a T1/T2 I would only buy MROs from now on due to FOV and ease of dot access.

Dennis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I have an old Aimpoint Comp M2 that can be accused of suffering most of those same "problems". MRO haters as far as I can tell hate MRO's because they are Aimpoint fan boys. Which is fine, but they studiously ignore the simple facts that any optical red dot device will have every issue they bitch about, including their Aimpoint.

The MRO's that I have seen all had cleaner dots for my eyes than any Aimpoint I've yet to try, and if there is enough of a difference in the optical quality to call one markedly superior to the other I haven't seen it.

Optically the best RDS I've seen is the Leupold LCO, but it's not 2 times as good as the MRO, so I have an MRO on order.

Quote Originally Posted by BBossman View Post
    I have a magazines worth of experience using the MRO. As a person with an astigmatism, I noticed that with the MRO I can increase the brightness a little more before the "comma" effect kicks in, as compared with my Aimpoint Micro's.

I'm not currently in the market, but if I was, I'd pick the MRO for the "cleaner" dot in my instance.
    CD and BB, Thank you for your replies. So in your experience, the complaints are probably internet rumor and the MRO is a solid optic? I haven't had a chance to try one yet but when I get back home next week, I'm going buy and opinions from actual users such as yourselves is greatly appreciated.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I have T1's, Pro's, M2, M3,a T2 and even an EXPS3 and really like the FOV of my two MROs. They do show the various issues pointed out to some degree just like every other red dot I have. But when I start shooting they all work just fine!

I do think they look sorta goofy but if they had the same track record as a T1/T2 I would only buy MROs from now on due to FOV and ease of dot access.

Dennis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Thanks Dennis!
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast