Thread: Fingerprint Card Question

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Fingerprint Card Question

All,
    Sorry if this has been covered, I couldn't find the exact answer I was searching for. I've filled out some fingerprint cards for a Form 4 for a suppressor, filing as an individual. I rolled my own fingerprints.

What do I put in the block for "Signature of Official Taking Fingerprints"? Is it just my name, or "self", or get any other person to sign it as a witness? Trying to not have to do this more than once. Thanks everyone for your input.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Thanks for the help. I reviewed that, but was hoping for more clarification. I suppose I'll just sign my own signature in the block and send it. If it comes back I can always do it again, and at least I'll have some knowledge to share.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nick84 View Post
    Thanks for the help. I reviewed that, but was hoping for more clarification. I suppose I'll just sign my own signature in the block and send it. If it comes back I can always do it again, and at least I'll have some knowledge to share.
    What clarification do you need. You took the prints, you sign it. "Self" isn't a signature.

The reality is most of it doesn't matter. It's a form that had a purpose, and has been repurposed for NFA submissions.

I'd bet a majority of them have a minimum of two errors, but they're in fields that don't matter. One such case is for employer, I bet a majority have the SD/PD listed of whoever is taking their prints...and that's not what the field is for.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Good to know that i can do my own! Thanks guys!
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Good to know that i can do my own! Thanks guys!
    Just as info...

1. The only requirement is that the person is "properly equipped" to take the prints. No qualification, or certification, or anything else.
    2. If you google looking for an answer, you might run across a link that says it has to be taken by law enforcement. Something like this one: https://www.atf.gov/explosives/qa/ho...erprints-taken. Notice it's for Explosives...which do have different rules.