Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Pmags don't work and a semi-auto carrier? I'll pass

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Since when does LWRC own a hammer forging machine? I thought the only sources in the US for hammer forged barrels were Ruger, Daniel Defense, FN and Remington.
    Who makes the barrels for Centurion, and Noveske? I thought they did their own barrels? I heard BCM outsources theirs, but I thought at the very least Noveske did their own?

Feedback Score
    Well, I finally made it over to Dicks to molest one of them.

To my inexperienced eye, it seemed like a decent entry level rifle. The upper had no markings other than a chopped "A" on the right side, I could not find any barrel manufacturer or anything that was HP/MP on the barrel or bolt (the bolt did have a "CM" on it).

I was not at all impressed with the rail and integrated front BUIS. Nice feature, but when popped up, sloppy as all hell. We are talking about .125" free floating movement, that was not particular about returning to center after wiggling it.

Might be right at home next to the S&W-M&P, Bushmaster, and Stag as being the better option of the three.

Managed to leave empty handed. $1099 was not worth it for a base platform to build up to a DMR.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedoooom View Post
    I know this is off topic, but if you were around during the early days when they were still called Leitner - Wise, you might have a different perspective on Markm's passionate distaste for the rebranded LWRCi. That story, the real story, is locked away deep within the arfcom archives, never to see the light of day again.

Back on topic. The Troy sample I handled a couple of weeks ago actually had an auto carrier and the front sight locked up nice and tight. Overall, it seemed like a good value.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by mtdawg169; 09-05-12 at 07:55.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    I know this is off topic, but if you were around during the early days when they were still called Leitner - Wise, you might have a different perspective on Markm's passionate distaste for the rebranded LWRCi. That story, the real story, is locked away deep within the arfcom archives, never to see the light of day again.

Back on topic. The Troy sample I handled a couple of weeks ago actually had an auto carrier and the front sight locked up nice and tight. Overall, it seemed like a good value.

Maybe. I look at it the same as people hating Colt for the 80/90's and bitching about them not caring about the civilian market, blah, blah. It is tiresome and adds zero to any of the conversations it is dropped in.

I looked at another Troy rifle yesterday just to be sure about the F/A carrier since so many here said S/A. I thought maybe I had screwed up and mistaken F/A and S/A.....as hard as that is to do. It was definitely a F/A carrier.

For $1100, this rifle seems to be a pretty good deal. When people start buying more, we'll see how they hold up. I like the rail and I was surprised about the stock. It looks a little stupid IMO, but it felt pretty good and shouldered well. I think more people should try it before dogging it.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    Boys... LWRCi is no less repulsive with Whistle Dick Weiss out of the picture.

They're still a bunch of lying, forum turfing, Bottom feeders who sell garbage and tell you it's premium stuff. Many of the same old crooked clowns are still there.

To this day you still see those roaches pop up on the forums with the same old script about great Customer service etc. I like gun companies that don't require me to send the shit back every other week.... I don't want to even know they have a cust svc. department.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutfsu99 View Post
    Maybe. I look at it the same as people hating Colt for the 80/90's and bitching about them not caring about the civilian market, blah, blah. It is tiresome and adds zero to any of the conversations it is dropped in.
    Not exactly the same thing. The founder of the company set up numerous troll accounts to praise his own product. The details are fuzzy for me due to the passage of time, but IIRC, I think he even posed as a .gov or military representative in order to give the product more credibility. Fraud and deception are not the same as bad customer service.

I looked at another Troy rifle yesterday just to be sure about the F/A carrier since so many here said S/A. I thought maybe I had screwed up and mistaken F/A and S/A.....as hard as that is to do. It was definitely a F/A carrier.

For $1100, this rifle seems to be a pretty good deal. When people start buying more, we'll see how they hold up. I like the rail and I was surprised about the stock. It looks a little stupid IMO, but it felt pretty good and shouldered well. I think more people should try it before dogging it.
    I agree with your observations on the Troy rifle. The stock in particular surprised me. It was not nearly as big and chunky as I expected it to be after seeing pictures of it. I wouldn't replace a ctr or SOPMOD with it, but if I bought that rifle, I wouldn't feel an overwhelming need to replace it either.

Feedback Score
    I'm looking forward to Saturday. Troy is setting up shop at our 100th Anniversary for our gun club, (Lee Sportsmen's Association) and are bringing some goodies. They've also graciously made available one of their Massachusetts compliant models to raffle off to our membership. After years of boring raffles, there's finally one I'd like to win - though raffles generally are just a donation to the club for me.

I too am surprised there's not more buzz about this rifle and hope that it pans out. In my somewhat limited view, offering complete quality rifles at a very competitive price to the public is a good thing. I look at the AR15 platform as the musket of our generation. Giving people who may have otherwise passed the opportunity to open the door with a great feature-filled base rifle is an endeavor I hope pans out for Troy. The fact that Troy innovates here behind the iron curtain is in my opinion - a good thing. Massachusetts once had a rich firearms manufacturing history and still does to a much lesser degree. It's great to see Troy a part of it...As moonbatty as this state gets, companies like Troy, Kahr, Smith and Wesson, YHM, etc - are a ray of hope...here's the ban-compliant model they are bringing by:

Feedback Score
    We had a used (and I use the term lightly) Troy carbine come through our store the other day and it sold for 799.00. The guy who picked it up was surprised to see we had one and with a manager's supervision.......was able to take it apart and was happy with what he saw in the BCG and such. A steal if you ask me.

Feedback Score
    Im looking forward to checking one of these out soon. If I can find a FDE in stock at Dicks I might just pick it up.

Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast