Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Why My DPMS, Del-Ton, Oly Arms, Etc. Is Better Than Anything Else Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselgeek View Post
    The post above the pic of the bcg claimed no BM owners show bcg pics. So I followed right up with mine which was staked correctly. Not that hard to understand.
    If you missed it here it is
    IB4 generic 1 and a million reply.
    If you are addressing someones comment, quote them and then answer the question.

Posting pics of a poorly staked gas key without explanation is of no value to the thread.

Act like an adult, make concise posts and add quality information to the thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stifled View Post
    I don't think you read that book very close. Do you honestly believe that you can take inferior metals input into the same manufacturing process and come out with a better gun at the end a meaningful number of times because of multiple variable set theory? That's some fuzzy logic, alright.

I smell a person from a third tier manufacturer trying to justify corner cutting.
    No I don't believe that at all and I did not make that claim. The highest quality parts coupled with the best process are most likely to yield the highest quality result.

I have no involvement in the industry and I do not claim to be an expert on manufacturing. Just pissing in the Koolaid of the chart worshippers by pointing out the claims of quality in the sacred chart are not supported by any numbers.

I have two complete Noveske rifles, a LMT lower and an old bushmaster. So far the Noveskes are on track to match the bushmaster's reliability. Of course my sample size is too small for that to be a statistically meaningful observation.
    Last edited by seacoastnh; 11-02-10 at 15:03.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seacoastnh View Post
    No one seems to be calling BS on the claim, so I believe it is valid. Possibly even a fact.
    It may well be and I'm sure if he contacted BCM with his issue, Paul Buffoni will gladly help him correct the issue.

Are instances of where the total of the BCM product being less than the sum its parts a problem with the manufacturing process or quality control or statistically insignificant based on manufacturing volume?
    Statistically insignificant based upon quality control and the company's eagerness to understand any problems and correct them.

If the same failure rate was experienced by Colt, LMT or Bushmaster would it be news? What I am getting at here is does two or however many out of the box failures there have been represent a significant percentage of the manufacturing volume?
    Bushmaster is rather notorious for its quality control issues and chronic inability to meet the minimum standards required by the military.

Where is the information on the sacred chart that guides the first time AR buyer to the reliable AR, surely the chart should be able to answer such a question based on its stated objective?
    At the bottom is a tab called "Expanation of Features" that explains everything in it.

I am sure one of you chart humpers will be quick to point out that every manufacture makes something that turns out to be “parts is parts” but you have to put it into context of overall production volume for it to have any more meaning than someone claiming their bushmaster has never failed.
    It's simply not true that "every manufacture makes something that turns out to be 'parts is parts'."

But you chart humpers want facts, drawings explanations, now lets have some cold hard statistics from you, not anecdotal "my bcm has never failed, and I have alot of posts."
    These are very easy to find. There are numerous instructors who run high-round count courses and take note as to which brands of rifles go down and which ones easily handle the stress put upon them by the users. For example, Pat Rogers of EAG Tactical keeps a book that documents every failure he has in his course, the cause of it, the brand of the rifle, and, if possible, the remedy.

If anything, your post has demonstrated your inability to comprehend basic information or to do any modicum of research on this issue. Instead, you demonstrate your ignorance with a lengthy and profane post that reflects very poorly upon yourself.

Were it not for the hard work of folks like Rob Sloyer, Grant Timberlake, and the other SMEs on this site in getting out this important information, many of us would have purchased inferior, failure-prone rifles that cannot be trusted. Personally, before I found this site, I was interested in purchasing a DPMS. After educating myself and asking numerous questions, which were kindly answered with detailed answers, I decided upon a DD rifle instead.
    Last edited by justin_247; 11-02-10 at 15:07. Reason: Didn't close a quote correctly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by STAFF View Post
    If you are addressing someones comment, quote them and then answer the question.

Posting pics of a poorly staked gas key without explanation is of no value to the thread.

Act like an adult, make concise posts and add quality information to the thread.
    When it's posted right below the post it is obvious. Key is staked fine. If I told you it was colt you prob shove it right up your... Upper receiver.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by seacoastnh View Post
    I have two complete Noveske rifles, a LMT lower and an old bushmaster. So far the Noveskes are on track to match the bushmaster's reliability. Of course my sample size is too small for that to be a statistically meaningful observation.
    What do you mean by this? The post makes no sense, because Noveske's are highly reliable and Bushmaster's are usually not.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    What do you mean by this? The post makes no sense, because Noveske's are highly reliable and Bushmaster's are usually not.
    BLINDED BY THE LIGHT.

Feedback Score
    Ok, I'll bite. (just because I like playing devil's advocate)

I like my Rock River Varmint upper. It does not match TDP, it wouldn't even register on the chart.

But for what I ask of it, it does a GREAT job.

The barrel is a stainless bull barrel, which definitely isn't 4150. But it will shoot sub .5MOA.

It has not been MPI, but for a bench gun with a 1" thick barrel, I'd be shocked if it has an issues that .223 ammo would cause issues with.

It does not have a 5.56 chamber. It has a Wylde chamber. Which is perfectly fine for bench rest shooting. I haven't ever had a failure to extract with it (or any failure at all), but I know it isn't 5.56.

It came with a rifle stock, so the extension wasn't commercial. But first on the list was a UBR stock to replace it, which includes its own buffer extension.

The chart IS great. Information helps us all. I used it when buying a BCM upper recently. You just have to know what your needs are, what information the chart provides, and where you want to make what sacrifices.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    When it's posted right below the post it is obvious. Key is staked fine. If I told you it was colt you prob shove it right up your... Upper receiver.
    No, the key is very poorly staked. On your picture, both attempts at a staking job on the right side of the carrier are barely even touching the screw.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    BLINDED BY THE LIGHT.
    Brilliant answer! Very informative. I really know a lot about your rifle's problems now and your experiences. Really, a brilliant post.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_247 View Post
    No, the key is very poorly staked. On your picture, both attempts at a staking job on the right side of the carrier are barely even touching the screw.
    Nope, sorry looks to be clearly touching the screws and doing it well.

Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast