Thread: Difference between Eotech EXPS3 and XPS3 ?

Feedback Score

Difference between Eotech EXPS3 and XPS3 ?

Can someone tell me the difference between the above two mentioned sights. I was considering the XPS 2 as I have no need for the NV but do not know what the difference between the above two is.

Thanks,

Dr. Mike

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    The EXPS series has a QD base (will repeat to 2moa per Eotech) and the buttons are on the side.

Feedback Score
    Also something else to be aware of, the EXPS series will sit 7mm higher the the XPS series because of the QD mount. Just like the 516 will sit 7mm taller then the 512

If your looking for a non-NV version of the EXPS, only opticsplanet is selling them at the moment.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    With big tacky "OPMOD" lettering on the side...hopefully some acetone will take it right off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    With big tacky "OPMOD" lettering on the side...hopefully some acetone will take it right off.
    Yea, it is very tacky, BIG white letters!!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Mike View Post
    Can someone tell me the difference between the above two mentioned sights. I was considering the XPS 2 as I have no need for the NV but do not know what the difference between the above two is.

Thanks,

Dr. Mike

Have you tried Eotech's website?

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    While ever so slightly OT, I've never been an EOTech guy, but just took delivery of an XPS3 (largely out of curiousity), and my initial impressions are pretty favorable.

I didn't have any immediate need of magnification of NVD-compatibility, so I opted for the standard button arrangement, and not the EXPS; I did, however, go with the 3-0 reticle, as opposed to the 3-2. Understand the latter is an advancement of sorts if you're looking to ring out to 500m, but at that distance, I wouldn't want to be limited to 1x in the first place.

I'm also curious if the second dot isn't more of a distraction than an aid, but whatever the case, this may be one EOTech that proves immune to the many troubles that have plagued the 500 series in the past. Here's hoping, anyway.

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    The OPMOD lettering is only on the EXPS2 models. Not on the EXPS3.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    I'm also curious if the second dot isn't more of a distraction than an aid,

AC
    It was for me. I traded the 3-2 for the standard 3-1.

Q