Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Trijicon SRS

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Its important to ask, what does this offer over the proven T-1? Im all for going green but a solar powered optic is alittle excessive when your battery lasts 4-5 years.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Edit.
    Last edited by Belloc; 03-02-13 at 03:33.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    To my knowledge, Trijicon doesn't release and then release products (because there is an issue).

C4
    Tripower?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    One thing I noticed in other articles is that the mount it comes with is a Bobro one. This means you don't have to spend the money to buy the optic, and then the mount as well...

I'll keep one eye on this. Interested to see how it stands up to other folks fiddling with it.
    -Adam

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    For the love of God I hope this thing doesn't have auto shutoff.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Its important to ask, what does this offer over the proven T-1? Im all for going green but a solar powered optic is alittle excessive when your battery lasts 4-5 years.
    I have to agree

"Proven mediocre technology over the promise of something better." I have been known to ignore this statement if I think something is substantively better (with the result usually being I get burned), but I don't see this offering any real capabilities above and beyond the proven Aimpoint.

It may be better in some way, until it's been out there a few years, that "better" can't offset the risk. I realize Trijicon doesn't bring stuff to market half-baked, but no company is perfect or infallible. That's just me, though.
    Last edited by zacbol; 10-11-11 at 08:23.
    "Eyes have been referred to as the window to the soul, we prefer to think of them as the funnel to the brain." - Mike Shertz, MD
    "Every trigger has a match trigger at the end of all the bullshit.” - Greg Hamilton

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Trijicon has really been innovative and this is nothing short of their past legacy. I am really excited to see the reviews as I may pick one up.

I am a big Trijicon Accupoint scope fan as well. Something about having a red dot that refuses to quit, ever, not even an EMP blast can stop it. That is what I think of when I envision a truly solid platform sight.

Good job Trijicon!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelin View Post
    Trijicon has really been innovative and this is nothing short of their past legacy. I am really excited to see the reviews as I may pick one up.

I am a big Trijicon Accupoint scope fan as well. Something about having a red dot that refuses to quit, ever, not even an EMP blast can stop it. That is what I think of when I envision a truly solid platform sight.

Good job Trijicon!
    Probably the last thing on my list when choosing an optic.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I'm interested to see, in person, what the "250% increased field of view" that Rob mentions in his video is all about. This is just conjecture after watching the video but it looks like this new optic but it looks like the SRS might have a more forgiving eye relief or whatever it's called in a 1 power optic. That could be valuable if you shoot from nonstandard positions. I won't be selling my Aimpoints but I might add an SRS if it turns out to be as durable as an Aimpoint. I like what you said about mediocre technology over the promise of something better. I would really like to know if the unit will function if the solar panel is damaged and the waterproof rating. I'm also interested in the auto brightness feature. If that's implemented well in could be a big selling point. When going from bright outdoors to dark indoors I hate having to remember to adjust my RDS and sometimes there isn't always time. Hopefully any auto brightness feature is fast enough to keep up with intermittent weaponlight use. Like you I don't have any complaints about my Aimpoints but change and options are good things. I hope Trijicon knocks it out of the park with this one.
    Last edited by mkmckinley; 10-11-11 at 08:44.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Here's my question:

he keeps calling it a "reflex" sight in the video. In my understanding/lingo, a reflex sight has a single lens, and thus is more succeptable to parallax than a tube optic like an Aimpoint. Which is this?
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast