Page 42 of 68 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Industries complete rifle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CZ Kadet View Post
    Any optic recommendations for a $750 range gun?
    If you play the game with the Rewards Points, then Dicks sporting goods should soon send you a $20 certificate for the purchase of the rifle. Plus if you fill-out the survey on the bottom of your receipt, you get another $10 off coupon.
    You can take those down to Dicks and they sell Nikon optics. (They also sell Bushnell but the ones I saw were not great.) I don't know how much you planned to spend on an optic but I was able to use my $30-off to score a great deal on a Nikon Monarch scope, it was still at the Black-Friday price.

Bettween the sale and my $30 off certificates, I Paid only $162 out-the-door for a Nikon Monarch 3-9x40mm UCC with BDC reticle. Did I get a good deal or what???
    Last edited by SurplusShooter; 12-04-12 at 08:03. Reason: Edited to add BOLD highlighting the important question I am answering

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SurplusShooter View Post
    If you play the game with the Rewards Points, then Dicks sporting goods should soon send you a $20 certificate for the purchase of the rifle. Plus if you fill-out the survey on the bottom of your receipt, you get another $10 off coupon.
    You can take those down to Dicks and they sell Nikon optics. (They also sell Bushnell but the ones I saw were not great.) I don't know how much you planned to spend on an optic but I was able to use my $30-off to score a great deal on a Nikon Monarch scope, it was still at the Black-Friday price.

Bettween the sale and my $30 off certificates, I Paid only $162 out-the-door for a Nikon Monarch 3-9x40mm UCC with BDC reticle. Did I get a good deal or what???
    Good stuff. I just don't think anyone around here for a serious rifle would get close to a Nikon or Bushnell scope. Everyone around here about Leupold and the equivalent (IE 1k+$ scopes easily), not scopes for a "deal" or for the budget shooter. Just like people around here don't like 600$ DPMS guns.
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by discreet View Post
    Good stuff. I just don't think anyone around here for a serious rifle would get close to a Nikon or Bushnell scope. Everyone around here about Leupold and the equivalent (IE 1k+$ scopes easily), not scopes for a "deal" or for the budget shooter. Just like people around here don't like 600$ DPMS guns.
    Thanks discreet. Yeah, I knew this would come-up....
    Just to clarify where my answer was coming from: We are on a thread about a Black-Friday deal of a rifle at $799; and the question specifically stated "$750 range-gun".
    Last edited by SurplusShooter; 12-04-12 at 08:04. Reason: Clarification

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SurplusShooter View Post
    Thanks discreet. Yeah, I knew this would come-up....
    Just to clarify where my answer was coming from: We are on a thread about a Black-Friday deal of a rifle at $799; and the question specifically stated "$750 range-gun".
    I have often wondered what it would feel like to be shot by a guy using a $600 rifle with a $75 scope on it.. GH

Feedback Score
    Got mine, and I'm happy with it.

Mine came with a semi BCG, and has issues that others have already mentioned, including most prominently that Brownells 30-rounders are too big for the magwell. Some 20s drop free, some don't. The supplied Troy 10-rounder does not.

The trigger breaks cleanly, without crunching.

I like the build, and am not too concerned about the screwed+staked vs. pinned gas block. Wiggle in the front sight doesn't bother me, nor does the minimal play between the upper and lower.

I've stuck with my old Colt Lightweight A2-type that this one feels a lot different, in a good way. I'll run it after returning home next week.

Feedback Score
    What City/State did you pick yours up in?? Trying to keep up with the flow of the distribution on these things, to try and figure out when there going to trickle down to Florida. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Got mine, and I'm happy with it.

Mine came with a semi BCG, and has issues that others have already mentioned, including most prominently that Brownells 30-rounders are too big for the magwell. Some 20s drop free, some don't. The supplied Troy 10-rounder does not.

The trigger breaks cleanly, without crunching.

I like the build, and am not too concerned about the screwed+staked vs. pinned gas block. Wiggle in the front sight doesn't bother me, nor does the minimal play between the upper and lower.

I've stuck with my old Colt Lightweight A2-type that this one feels a lot different, in a good way. I'll run it after returning home next week.

Feedback Score
    Dumb question but how do i remove the troy battle axe stock?

Feedback Score
    Dubuque, IA. Last one in Eastern IA, apparently, so I elected to drive 150+ round trip... twice, since their NICS was down on Friday.

The gun counter kiddo told me last Thursday they have been informed by Troy not to expect any more for "months". Take it with a grain of salt, considering the source.

Parenthetically, I was surprised to NOT receive a copy of the DROS. Same youngster told me they "cannot" provide since "it's all on computers". A call into HQ is next for my copy.

Quote Originally Posted by 007KING View Post
    What City/State did you pick yours up in?? Trying to keep up with the flow of the distribution on these things, to try and figure out when there going to trickle down to Florida. Thanks

Feedback Score
    what is DROS??
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    Dubuque, IA. Last one in Eastern IA, apparently, so I elected to drive 150+ round trip... twice, since their NICS was down on Friday.

The gun counter kiddo told me last Thursday they have been informed by Troy not to expect any more for "months". Take it with a grain of salt, considering the source.

Parenthetically, I was surprised to NOT receive a copy of the DROS. Same youngster told me they "cannot" provide since "it's all on computers". A call into HQ is next for my copy.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fat tone View Post
    Dumb question but how do i remove the troy battle axe stock?
    Take a look inside the trap door.

Page 42 of 68 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast