Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trijicon RMR, Aimpoint T-1, or EOTech XPS3

Feedback Score
    24 (96%)
    The only applications I have found for the RMR is as either a handgun RDS or on an offset mount as a secondary to a magnified optic.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had a T-1 and sold it for financial reasons. I now have an XPS2-2.

The weight of both is supposedly within 2 oz of one another, so I consider that negligible.

The Eotech has a much larger footprint. It appears to be wider than a standard Eotech but I could be mistaken.

The Eotech also has a much larger field of view. While only my opinion/perception, I believe that it helps when using fixed front & rear sights.

The Aimpoint has the tactile feedback when turning on, whereas with the Eotech I have to give a quick look to make sure it's actually on. This may or may not matter to you.

The battery life of the Aimpoint is obviously superior, but now that the Eotech uses CR123's, I don't mind as much.

Either one will perform the same task, the differences are almost negligible at this point.

ETA: The T-1 has more sex appeal.
    Last edited by MisterWilson; 08-09-10 at 18:33.
    The Revolution will not be televised.

Feedback Score
    I actually own both an XPS and T1.

I still prefer the Eotech reticle.

Generally, I prefer the design of the T1 (Interface, battery life, small profile)
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The width of the EOTech bothers me, as well. I don't like both sides of the optic hanging off of my rail like that. It's a great sight, though. I am in no means detracting from that.

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by armakraut View Post
    RMR lacks the vertical FOV to be able to to do a lower 1/3 cowitness. It must be run with a fold down rear BUIS and the FOV is so minimal that you'll end up running it without the front sight up also.
    Could you explain in a little more detail. Sometimes I am a bit slow..lol

I was planning on picking up an RMR to use on my LW BCM upper. The upper has a FSB and I have no plans to change that and I have a Troy rear sight. If the RMR and ADM mount is not going to work I would rather find out now than after I spend $460.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    If you plan on running your rear BUIS folded down I think you'll be fine. I'd only get fiber optic RMR. You can get an aimpoint micro and larue or american defense mount for mere pennies more.
    "Life is short, but the years are long." - Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by armakraut View Post
    If you plan on running your rear BUIS folded down I think you'll be fine. I'd only get fiber optic RMR. You can get an aimpoint micro and larue or american defense mount for mere pennies more.

So with a Daniel Defense or Larue rear it would be to busy? I know the Aimpoint is only $150ish more but I really like the fact that the RMR will not need batteries.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You won't have to change the battery in your Aimpoint for over 5 years.

If your primary goal is to shave some weight, get the T-1, or better yet the H-1 if you don't plan on running night vision or going scuba diving with the thing.

And I run a Daniel Defense rear BUIS. It won't be cluttered, especially with lower 1/3 cowitness.
    "I have your number. Consider yourself warned."

Feedback Score
    I have two H1s, one ML2, and one 552 Rev F.

Considered a XPS and played with one belonging to a buddy.

The H1s reside on my patrol rifle and its training twin and are never turned off. I like this - a lot. They are also lighter and more durable than the EOs.

The mounting bolts on the EOs are slender and have seen one break and have heard of others. The brightness on the Aimpoints is easier to adjust in a hurry, and especially when wearing gloves.

For all these reasons, I prefer the T1/H1 models.

YMMV, good luck with your choice.

Feedback Score
    If you want lightest weight as possible with the T1, pairing it with the Daniel Defense mount would work for you. I have my carbine set up like that (alternate between that and an EOTech 553, leaning towards T1 nowadays), and the entire thing only weighs 4.7ozs. The T1 with larue is 6 oz.

I had looked into the EXPS, but for all of that hype about being small and light, it's only a single oz less then a regular 553.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast