Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Fireclean with AR15

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looking at the M&P clearly less wear.

Looking at the SR-16's and SR-25's I would say less wear - but one of the SR-16 cam pins is wearing -- due to tolerance stack, I generally don't use cam pins as good wear gauges.

Bolt lugs appear to show significantly less wear on them. My intent is to shoot 30k through the 11.5" suppressed and check it compared to other guns that did not have FIREClean.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sir, if you need any help with that, I'm just sayin'..I'd be free to help you with that test
    "Those who do can't explain; those who don't can't understand"...

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Looking at the M&P clearly less wear.

Looking at the SR-16's and SR-25's I would say less wear - but one of the SR-16 cam pins is wearing -- due to tolerance stack, I generally don't use cam pins as good wear gauges.

Bolt lugs appear to show significantly less wear on them. My intent is to shoot 30k through the 11.5" suppressed and check it compared to other guns that did not have FIREClean.
    What are you comparing it to?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Other guns of the same model not using FC...

A buddy of mine had Rand send me some Rand CLP, as well I have SLIP2000 EWL, Larue MG Lube, FrogLube, and TW-25B on some guns.

I've come to the conclusion that at this time FIREClean is the best Lube/Cleaner for my requirements.

I'd love to be able to fund a test that involved over 50 guns shooting 50k round each, and lube with 5 different lubes to get at least 10 similar weapons with each lube - but until I win the Powerball that is not happening...
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Getting towards the end of my deployment, closing the base down, so we have started expending all our excess ammo, earlier tonight myself and three others started an experiment (can't claim credit to it) one M4 lubed with CLP, one with Froglube, mine with EWL, and another with FireClean. We started doing mag dumps, taking breaks when the guns got too hot to handle. Our range time ended before we did a lot, but the CLP gun died at 10 or 11 mags, and the other three are still running fine, with 23, 18 and 24 mags thru them, with the only issues on my gun was due to bad feed lips on mag 11.

Up early in the morning to continue the test.

Ammo is a mixture of M855, M855A1 and about half a mag of the OTM rounds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
    Getting towards the end of my deployment, closing the base down, so we have started expending all our excess ammo, earlier tonight myself and three others started an experiment (can't claim credit to it) one M4 lubed with CLP, one with Froglube, mine with EWL, and another with FireClean. We started doing mag dumps, taking breaks when the guns got too hot to handle. Our range time ended before we did a lot, but the CLP gun died at 10 or 11 mags, and the other three are still running fine, with 23, 18 and 24 mags thru them, with the only issues on my gun was due to bad feed lips on mag 11.

Doesn't get much better than this. In for results!
    Assuming they all looked similar in the beginning, I'm curious if there is any wear difference (glaring) afterward between the rifles.
    Last edited by WS6; 10-16-13 at 11:56.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rero360 View Post

For this to be an accurate comparison each gun needs have previous lubricants thoroughly cleaned off prior to application. Optimally, before and after pics of each gun used, with a few different guns used with each separate product.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    It sounds like "Fireclean" is the winner....me, I don't care to heat up anything in order to lube it...

Feedback Score
    Is slip 2000/ 725 degreaser the thing to use first to get off all of the old lubricants?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    Is slip 2000/ 725 degreaser the thing to use first to get off all of the old lubricants?
    I use carbon blast or non-chlorinated brake cleaner after a scrub with something like KG1.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast