Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MK18 CQBR point of aim

Feedback Score
    awesome, this is the information i was looking for.

my 10.5" LMT should be here any day and i was torn on which zero to use. looks like the 50 is what i'm after.

another question, is there data on the heavier stuff from a Mk18 as it relates to a 50yd zero? 68 - 77 grain

Feedback Score

POA

There was approximatley a 4-5" drop. I was anticipating 7". First few courses of fire was POA for the 5X (aiming for top of 5(white line)to determine the difference between POA -POI for my weapon. Multiple shooters did this and there were variations across the board. Some guys has less drop than I. Successful day in that confidence in weapon was achieved from 100yds and MOA identified as well as the importance of a dialed in zero. Between the irons and Aimpoint- I scored higher with the Aimpoint. Good drill before warm ups- 20 rnd mag, 5 from 100 prone (1:00), 10 from 50 kneeling (:30), 5 from 25 standing (:20).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utah View Post
    Zeroed at 25 (engagements will most likely be within that range). From the 50 (kneeling) 3" drop -good shot group-from the 100 (prone) 7" drop- rounds did not rise 7".
    Utah I am confused too, you zeroed at 25 yards and had the rounds striking 3" low at 50 yards and 7" low at 100 yards?
    There is something not quite computing here?

With a 25yd ZERO the rounds should impact ABOVE point of aim from 25-400yards.

With a 50yd ZERO the rounds should impact ABOVE point of aim from 50-200 yards.

Cameron

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utah View Post
    Appreciate the feedback. I actually took notes to range and experimented. Zeroed at 25 (engagements will most likely be within that range). From the 50 (kneeling) 3" drop -good shot group-from the 100 (prone) 7" drop- rounds did not rise 7" . This was done on irons and Aimpoint comp2-no magnifier. Point of aim from 100 on FBI target was approx 5" low to impact center mass in approx. 4-5" shot group. Satisfying day on the range. I will seriously look into zeroing at the 50. Thanks again.
    You've got a major problem going on somewhere.

All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Feedback Score

Drop

I am referring to drop as the drop in POA . My POA was 3" low at 50 to impact center mass and 5" low at 100 to impact center mass. I may have misused the term DROP. Appreciate the feedback-keep it coming.

Feedback Score

build

Recomendations on M4 build?

Feedback Score
    This is the info I needed. Just completed my DD mk18 build and I like the 50yd zero but didn't know how the POA/POI would be affected in comparison to my 16" BCM.
    -BTO-

Feedback Score
    Wow this one is a real zombie
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    Here's a graphic I worked up with comparisons of different zeros for my pet load for my SBR.

I'm running a 50 yard zero and it's been great for everything I use the gun for.
    Last edited by thecolter; 07-14-15 at 09:04.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Very cool graphic.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast