Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rail Mounted Knife?

Feedback Score

Question Rail Mounted Knife?

Okay, just ran across this on TOPS website. A picatinny compatible knife mount called the WOLFHAWK TP. What's this indicative of nowadays?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Call me when there is a way for me to mount my travel mug and cell phone to my rail.
    I've already got a bayonet mount and if I cared enough to use it I could buy a bayonet for ~$25.

I will say that I'm surprised it isn't some dayglow green zombie themed knife.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Came in expecting a rail mounted bayonet

Everything went worse than expected

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don't think it's THAT bad of an idea, personally.

For an HD weapon, I see no problem with wanting to have a blade right there when you grab your carbine in the middle of the night in your boxers.

Most people don't train with knives enough for it to make sense for them, but for guys that do train edged weapons hard, why not?

Some guys want to run 60 round magazines, ready-mags, 2 flashlights, 3 optics, etc... a small fixed blade? It might be more real world than half of the crap we see bolted on AR's all the time.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm...l&prodID=NAMWG

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mallowpufft View Post
    Call me when there is a way for me to mount my travel mug and cell phone to my rail.
    LOL. If you have an iPhone 'There's a mount for that.'
    Attachment 12375

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodman24 View Post
    LOL. If you have an iPhone 'There's a mount for that.'
    Attachment 12375
    Sweet! Will Siri help me adjust foe windage? :banghead:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by mallowpufft; 05-29-12 at 21:17.

Feedback Score
    Maybe attaching it to one these:

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim D View Post

For an HD weapon, I see no problem with wanting to have a blade right there when you grab your carbine in the middle of the night in your boxers.

Most people don't train with knives enough for it to make sense for them, but for guys that do train edged weapons hard, why not?

Some guys want to run 60 round magazines, ready-mags, 2 flashlights, 3 optics, etc... a small fixed blade? It might be more real world than half of the crap we see bolted on AR's all the time.

If you're gonna do that, might as well rail mount a Safariland ALS holster with a Glock 26!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    This will be in the next installment of call of duty....
    Combat veteran
    Lifetime NRA member

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim D View Post

Both a knife and a gun are considered to be lethal force. If a situation occurs where a knife is deemed to be reasonable force, then you have let the enemy get too close. I see your point on how some individuals have multiple optics and flashlights, but we should be reducing the crap we throw on our weapons, not adding more crap like this that only serves a purpose if you make a stupid mistake. If a hostile gets close enough for you to stab him, then he is close enough for you to muzzle strike him, back off, and shoot him! A bullet will incapacitate an aggressor much faster than a knife will.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H. L. Mencken

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast