Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: NFA newbie- dedicated suppressed 11.5" build questions

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    My brass always tends to land at my 4:00 in a neat little pile, its extremely smooth and gas face is almost non existent.

The downside, of course, is that the rifle turns into a single shot if you remove the suppressor. No free lunch.
    That's exactly how my 11.5 with a .060 is running. I'm excited to get it back out this weekend and test it some more.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That's exactly how my 11.5 with a .060 is running. I'm excited to get it back out this weekend and test it some more.
    Does it cycle reliably, but just not lock back using 5.56 unsuppressed?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Does it cycle reliably, but just not lock back using 5.56 unsuppressed?
    It'll run a little bit and then short stroke even with 5.56. .223 won't even pick up the next round in the mag.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    It'll run a little bit and then short stroke even with 5.56. .223 won't even pick up the next round in the mag.
    Sure is smooth though isn't it?

BANG!

...click.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Sure is smooth though isn't it?

BANG!

...click.
    That's a little too smooth... I'm not a smoothness obsessor. And the 11.5 is not THAT smooth with the can on... but it cycles consistently and postively while piling up brass in a nice pile.

Feedback Score
    I ended up getting a FatBoy gas tube for mine. Used a BCM barrel and it was way over gassed. My magazine couldn't keep up with the bolt speed. The FatBoy helped enough to make the issue rare.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LovelandSBR View Post
    I ended up getting a FatBoy gas tube for mine. Used a BCM barrel and it was way over gassed. My magazine couldn't keep up with the bolt speed. The FatBoy helped enough to make the issue rare.
    This thread may interest you.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=118010
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    I got one of those goofy W.A.R. upper receivers with the lever on the side, and it works as advertised... The selector never gets too hot to touch, either. My gas port was adjusted for the 11.5 inch length I had Adco cut the barrel to, so it's not a direct comparison, I guess, but the lever really mellows it out suppressed.

The idea of a goofy upper with a lever on it sounds less shitty than the idea of a rifle that won't run without a can.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I ordered an A5H4 (6.8 oz) buffer tonight for my suppressed gun. I'm pretty sure the 1.5 ounces over what I have now is too much but the next step up (6.03 oz) was out of stock everywhere.

Will report back when I can. In any case with M193 I still have way more gas than I need.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Somehow I doubt that. I run several BCM barrels and have seen a few hundred give or take and they aren't overgassed.

What buffer are you running? What barrel length do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by LovelandSBR View Post

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast