Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barrel re-profile question

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    If you think the FSB will cause you angst, just chop the FSB down and use it without pulling it.
    I agree and I've done that, too. Worked out great for me.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    If you think the FSB will cause you angst, just chop the FSB down and use it without pulling it.
    I think he is working on this project: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...nt-sight-block
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the advice.

There are very few places you can ship a barrel and fsb and say, "drill holes through my barrel, pin this on and make sure it's perfectly straight".

And they'll probably tell you they'll try for a price but the result, ruined barrel, perfect job, or canted sight, is your problem and no refunds.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Thanks for the advice.

There are very few places you can ship a barrel and fsb and say, "drill holes through my barrel, pin this on and make sure it's perfectly straight".

And they'll probably tell you they'll try for a price but the result, ruined barrel, perfect job, or canted sight, is your problem and no refunds.
    You haven't done much research. I'm not going to tell you where to go. Sounds like you are scared to dive in. Look at it this way.... If Colt can pull it off anybody can. It isn't rocket science.. Maybe give Marvin a call.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Thanks for the advice.

I said on the first page that I know of a shop, you can just PM me if you want an answer...
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    ...but I repeat myself. Again...
    Last edited by MistWolf; 06-22-18 at 21:24.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for the advice, but excuses
    https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...16lw%20bfh.htm
    Last edited by MistWolf; 06-22-18 at 21:24.

I am American

Feedback Score

I believe OP wants a 20” even though it wasnt specified in this thread.

Thanks for the advice.

Emphasis mine. Only way to know is to ask.

As for OP, i believe it depends on lathe, though you could remove fsb, but keep profile under it same for reinstall of same fsb with new taper pins.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 06-22-18 at 22:53.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I believe OP wants a 20” even though it wasnt specified in this thread.
    Ah...

I am American

Feedback Score
    I'm sorry, yes, I'd like a 20 inch barrel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast