Page 67 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Knight's Armament stripped lowers coming soon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Knight's Armament stripped lowers coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    Could someone please point me in the direction to the solution for the KAC trigger guard not fitting on these lowers? I searched but couldn't find any specifics.

Thanks!
    Post 417

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...61#post2458661

Remove part of the radius of the trigger guard that is preventing the installation of the TG. Technically, it's the long ears that are preventing it but I would rather alter a $30 TG vs a $200 lower. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    The shoulder on roll pin side of the TG was too close to the hole. If I installed the front first, the rear wouldn't seat all the way in between the ears. The roll pin hole was over a third blocked. If I installed the roll pin first, the TG wouldn't rotate into position without hitting the ears first.
    I had a Dremel chainsaw sharpening stone that seemed to fit the TG shoulder radius perfectly so buzzed the shoulders on the TG to make it fit, then cleaned it up with Alumi-Black.

I'm generally not one to rag on a manufacturers, send emails, and request replacements and all that jazz. Shit happens & it was an easy fix. I assume at some point they changed the specs in either the TG or the lower... or it was simply a tolerance stacking issue. I also had an aluminum Magpul TG & it fit the lower fine.

I didn't post about to start a shit storm. Since I read that others had the same problem, I decided to mention it here just so people are aware that there might be an issue installing it.
    Last edited by Ryno12; 05-01-17 at 14:16.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    A couple of options.

1. Contact KAC, they are coming out with a new KAC trigger guard that's supposed to work. When KAC informed me of this 2 weeks ago, they were approximately 4 weeks out. (Still in QC as I understood). Support-wise, they have been pretty responsive to me.

2. Get your Dremel or in my case I used my cordless drill to expand the trigger guard pin hole a little. Afterwards the roll pin still secured in the lower if that's a concern. I can probably figure out what size drill bit I used if that will help. I secured the trigger guard in my vise, using some magnet polymer 'covers' on each jaw of my vise to protect the trigger guard. I eyeballed it and made sure my drill was level and drilled the hole out. Just slightly larger than it is now. It worked easy peasy after that.

Let me know if you want that drill bit size. I'll try to find it.
    Thanks Robert!
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Post 417

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...61#post2458661

Remove part of the radius of the trigger guard that is preventing the installation of the TG. Technically, it's the long ears that are preventing it but I would rather alter a $30 TG vs a $200 lower. JMO
    That's what I was looking for. Thank you Ryno!!
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Thanks Robert!
    I get the feeling my method must be the "certified redneck method" I didn't use nearly enough official terminology as my friend Ryno did.
    I'd definitely go his route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Could someone please point me in the direction to the solution for the KAC trigger guard not fitting on these lowers? I searched but couldn't find any specifics.

Thanks!
    PM inbound...
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    I get the feeling my method must be the "certified redneck method" I didn't use nearly enough official terminology as my friend Ryno did.
    I'd definitely go his route.

Redneck? Nahhh.... That's what you call the "Getting 'er Done" route. I'm still waiting on some parts so I'm not going to rush into it.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    PM inbound...
    Replied.
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Yaaaaaaay

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    Yaaaaaaay

Good looking heater.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    My replacement lower arrived today. From the looks and how the lower built out, I should be in good shape now. It's been an interesting process, since I first bought it back in mid February. So it's good to be able to finish this ordeal.

Pic 1: this is how arrived. Looking good.

Pic 2, completed lower:

This is the completed lower. Something changed between the first lower and this lower. I decided to build it like I build any other lower. I think I had this thing on a pedestal. Sounds crazy but I did. However, I have since realIzed that this lower is absolutely no different than any other lower I've built. No difference. The aura has faded away. LOL. So I built it to SOP like all my other lowers.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Page 67 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast