Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Build In Progress

Feedback Score

New Build In Progress

I decided that it was time to do a new build. Looks like I'm going with an Aero lower and upper to get it started. I'm going with the Faxon flame fluted 5.56 16" barrel, centurion quad rails (I'm old skool, lol), troy industry front and rear sights, ambi safety, ambi charge handle, BAD Lever, Hogue grip, Hyper trigger 24C, nickel boron bcg and Magpul ACS stock. I will also have a BCM Mod Comp 1, on it. What's everyone's take, on this?
    Last edited by ManOnFire40; 07-24-16 at 22:59.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I like quad rails too. I would consider looking at an np3 coated bcg over the nickel boron.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOnFire40 View Post
    I decided that it was time to do a new build. Looks like I'm going with an Aero lower and upper to get it started. I'm going with the Faxon flame fluted 5.56 barrel, centurion quad rails (I'm old skool, lol), troy industry front and rear sights, ambi safety, ambi charge handle, BAD Lever, Hogue grip, Hyper trigger 24C, nickel boron bcg and Magpul ACS stock. What's everyone's take, on this?
    If you're asking for personal opinions, I for sure like all the stuff in bold. I don't care for the BAD. The Hogue grip depending on which one, may be okay but if it's one of those G10 grips, I don't much care for them. I've fired a Hyperfire trigger and really liked it. (Not the 24C though so I can't comment on that exact one.) NiB BCGs I don't care for. Sionics NP3 would be a much better choice IMO.

That said, It doesn't matter what I or anyone else thinks. Your build is all about you and what you want. Get what you want - but don't say we didn't tell you so.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I will look into the NP3. I can always modify it.

Feedback Score
    I got 24Cs in all of my AR platforms. Just an amazing trigger, very crisp, fully adjustable...A+ product.

Feedback Score
    I sold my M&P15T, I had the model when they used Troy Industries quad rails but they stopped. I liked the platform and accuracy it offered so decided to build similar yet upgrade the platform some.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    NP3 is far superior to NiB. If I wasn't going to use NP3, I would stick with a quality standard parkerized MILSPEC BCG.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    How are the Mod 1 comps. I have seen good reviews?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom-Gun View Post
    I got 24Cs in all of my AR platforms. Just an amazing trigger, very crisp, fully adjustable...A+ product.
    Yes, I think it's an awesome trigger also.

Feedback Score

New Build In Progress

Quote Originally Posted by ManOnFire40 View Post
    How are the Mod 1 comps. I have seen good reviews?
    I have a 1.5" Mod1. I don't have much to compare it to other than a Battlecomp and regular A2's. It's no louder than either of those and muzzle rise/follow up shots are the same as with the Battlecomp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast