• New/used M2

58 20.94%
  • new M4

124 44.77%
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Benelli-M1,M2, or M4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Iv'e been using my friends m1 at 3gun for a little while now and it's a great shotgun. If you can find a good price on a used one I'd definitely snag one up. With that said, I plan on buying an m2 by the end of this year since Benelli has that rebate going on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HisDivineShadow View Post
    First off, sorry for bringing up this old topic but this solution here interests me. I assume that with this you now get a 8+1 capacity in your M4?

I'm looking at semi auto shotties and I really like the M4, it's length and capacity are a bit on the short side though, hence I've been looking for something like that, I was also thinking if one could combine that with a Briley barrel extension and an even longer extension, maybe a +2 instead.
    Oops, sorry for the late response. Yes, the Nordic extension pictured gives you 8+1 (+1 more with ghost loading ). I imagine that if you call Nordic they will tell you if you can get a longer +2 extension.
    Last edited by esskay; 09-27-11 at 13:18.

Feedback Score
    I contacted Nordic Components about that and they told me it was a +1 extension for a Benelli Nova, they where not sure if it would fit an M4 that has the factory full length magtube. Not sure if they use the same threads.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not sure. Just make sure you dont use a side saddle on any inertia operated guns. They can/will cause them to malfunction as they change the weight distribution on the reciever. This was a pretty big deal on the 1200/1201/M1S90. The M4 should be good to so since its Gas Op.

Feedback Score
    yes.. side saddle made my m3 jam.

but in the magpul video. Costa is using a m1 with a side saddle.. how did he make it cycle???
    www.cpra.ph
    Cebu Pistol and Rifle Association

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm not going to call the weight thing a myth, but I ran a side saddle on my M1 for a long time with no operational affect on the gun.

I recall having read that the real issue with Benellis and side saddles was the receiver is made from aluminum vice steel, and thus is much easier to squeeze when installing a side saddle. It's the squeezing that's much more likely to cause binding and malfunctions than changing the weight on the receiver. Especially since the Benelli only has one pin to replace, so a user is far more likely to gronk on it to get it good and tight.
    Last edited by subzero; 12-03-10 at 07:59.
    Principles matter.

Feedback Score
    yes it did squeeze the receiver.. such that sometimes the shell would bind going from tube to elevator then up to chamber.

no matter how much I tried inserting the pin. it would squeeze the receiver..
    www.cpra.ph
    Cebu Pistol and Rifle Association

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've seen some deals on benelli 121 M1's. Guess it was produced before the M1s90. Anyone have experiences with the 121's?

Feedback Score
    The Tac-Star side saddle strikes again. You never knew if you had gone too far with that bolt, until you started getting malf's. I've been using the saddle made by Mesa Tactical on a M2 with great results. Their latest design uses a bolt that "stands off" itself, so it's impossible to over-tighten it. Or you can use the model that screws into existing sight holes on the top of the receiver. No way to bind there either.
    "Guns are like neurosurgeons. When you need one, you need one badly."

Feedback Score
    I've got a 90's M1S90 with the tacstar side saddle, never had a problem with regular loads. The only time I can remember ever having hiccups was feeding low recoil LE loads, but even then (just the once) after the first 3 rds it ate em up no sweat. Love my guage!

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast