Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 300 AAC BLACKOUT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    Ammo shipped today to some dealers. Expect to see them listing it next week.

This is just the 220gr subsonic, correct?

Feedback Score
    Yes, just subsonic.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRw-ypBgrKo
    Last edited by rsilvers; 04-02-11 at 09:31.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Shot a subsonic 300AAC today.

I must have one now!

Feedback Score
    A 300 AAC BLACKOUT with an 18 inch barrel will launch a 110 grain bullet at about 2475 fps (at 55,000 psi). At 210 yards it has the same velocity as Remington M1 Carbine ammo at the muzzle.
    Last edited by rsilvers; 04-03-11 at 23:02.

Feedback Score
    We have .300 BLK uppers now and will be testing them in the forthcoming months...

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    We have .300 BLK uppers now and will be testing them in the forthcoming months...
    Doc

I look forward to reading about your results. I appreciate all the work you share with us.

Will you be using SBR and rifle length bbls?
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    The four loads I expect to see this year, in addition to the basic subsonic and supersonic, are:

1. Polymer tip, optimal for bare gel in an SBR at closer ranges or a rifle at farther ranges.
    2. Bonded barrier bullet for LE, hunting, self defense.
    3. Military optimal penetration bullet, along the lines of Mk318/Mk319 SOST.
    4. Match bullet. Optimized for accuracy.

Feedback Score
    usmcvet -- 9 & 16.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Guess I never posted this in this thread. click to play.

Fist off, this thread is full of win...they don't get any better than this one imho

I can see how I missed this thread since I short bus ride often but I think it should be crossed posted in the AR Variants thread or at least linked notably in the Military Times article in that sub forum. The thought of running Hornady vmax's to see what this caliber really can do in terms of precision capabilities has me drooling. Since I intend to run this option almost as a dedicated suppressed (once I get the SDN-6) config w. a NFA length barrel I think the unique slower velocity expanding Barnes option is gonna be an asskicking load and cannot wait to check it out.

Lastly, Rob....your absolutely one of the best in terms of testing and evaluating AR's/AR kit, and your exceptional information and videos were really spot on in this thread. I certainly don't take it for granted, it's always appreciated

I'm copying the hell outta the AR in the clip I quoted above....just w. my traditional MRP take on things. That setup is cutting edge AR performance to the nth degree, easily the "benchmark" I have chosen to emulate with this upcoming option.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast