Page 50 of 210 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Extractor Issues Gen 4 - Gen 3

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I may be wrong, but I've read this and the other couple of "Glock Problem" threads from first to last page within the last week. From what I've read, it SEEMS as if Gen3/4 (9mm) Glocks made sometime in February and on, have less extraction/ejection issues than the earlier model guns. This seems to be due to the upgraded parts (extractor/ejector), but in addition, seems like the improvements actually last, as opposed to the issues cropping up again after 2,000 or so rounds. Like I said, I may be wrong, but it just seems that way...

At the very least, the stvepipes, FTE, ect. seem to have been cut down on the newer model Glocks. Extraction still seems to be weak and inconsistent at times though.

Anybody (maybe) feel this way too?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I just picked up a blue label gen 4 17 with test fire date of 3/23/12 last week. I'm going to try and hit the range this week and test with the following and see what runs best. I have a gen 4 19 on order and would assume it will be very recent production as well.

Speer lawman 115
    Speer lawman 124
    Speer GD 124+p
    WWB 115
    Fed AE 124
    Winchester ranger 124 +p NATO

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Picked up a gen 3 G19 FDE. Test fired date 3/2/12.
    Shot 100 rds of 115 gr and had about 20 pieces of brass hit me in the head
    Ejector 336
    Should I send it in?
    After reading this thread I realized I should have done research before I bought. I had an early gen 3 G23 that I sold a year ago. Was having remorse I sold it so I picked up this G19. I'm starting to question my judgement
    Last edited by Obagual; 04-07-12 at 17:10.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Obagual View Post
    Picked up a gen 3 G19 FDE. Test fired date 3/2/12.
    Shot 100 rds of 115 gr and had about 20 pieces of brass hit me in the head
    Ejector 336
    Should I send it in?
    After reading this thread I realized I should have done research before I bought. I had an early gen 3 G23 that I sold a year ago. Was having remorse I sold it so I picked up this G19. I'm starting to question my judgement
    With that test fire date, I would have thought that you would get a better one. I still don't think it was a bad purchase though. I'd wait and try to get your hands on one of the Apex extractors. Maybe try to find an OEM .40 extractor to hold you over, it has worked well for me.

Feedback Score
    I bought a couple new Glock extractors to see if I could get my newest G19 gen3 ejecting correctly. I got another 9 LCI and a 40 LCI and went to the range today. Started with the new 9 extractor. No help still ejected all over the place with a couple head hits. Put the 40 extractor in and ran two magazines perfectly....until the gun failed to return to full battery. Dead trigger and the slide about a 16th of an inch from battery. Cleared it and it happened about 4 more times. At that point I switched out the spring loaded bearing for the 40 cal white one and no help. I would rather get an occasional head hit with brass than a malfunction. Put my original extractor and spring loaded
    bearing back in and ran 100 more rounds without a failure - just erratric ejection. At that point I put the gun away and grabbed my EDC 19 and put 50 rounds down range with perfect ejection. I will try the Gen4 ejector and the Apex extractor but if neither make it eject consistenly is going to be sold. The gun is 100% and never fails with the 9 extractor but I am not happy with it.

Feedback Score
    Pretty much my experience with not one but two new GEN3 G19's. First one was basically rebuilt by Glock a couple of times. Both times was good for a few hundred rounds and went back to the same thing. Second one was sent to me by mistake. 336 extractor and all of the older parts. Couldn't get through a single mag without a hail of brass all around me.
    Glock replaced each GEN3 with a GEN4. The problem is their is apparently not just one solution. If you read through this thread some simple polishing has helped some while others like myself have had multiple replacement guns. I'd send it back to Glock. They wouldn't send me a 30274 ejector for my GEN3. They will probably replace it if you send it in. That might not fix it though. Probably your best bet is to ask for a new production GEN4 G19.
    That seems to be Glocks answer with GEN3's they can't fix. It's your call. But as someone who tried every kind of fix you can think of on my first GEN3 G19 I'd either make it Glocks headache, ask for a GEN4 G19, or get rid of it. I've got my GEN4 G19 working but I'm still putting the APEX part in it when they come out. Then if you send it back to Glock their is the expense of the ammo to be certain the gun functions. That adds up after a few trips. And it may be good for a few hundred or a couple of thousand rounds. Very frustrating. Good luck. I feel your pain.

Feedback Score
    DR
    I am not really interested in the gen 4. I wanted another gen 3 to back up my current one and get some spare parts that fit both. I have a gen 3 frame dedicated to a 22 conversion for cheap training. I have my daily carry gen 3 thats been stellar and I would bet my life on. Then theres the newest 19 that is ejecting erraticaly. I wanted an exact copy of my carry gun to train with and share the same parts. I had heard lots of reports of using the 40 extractor without issue but its adding problems. It was worth a try and I have some friends with 40's so I am sure the spare parts wont go to waste. The only reason I still have the gun is the fact that when I swapped the extractor in my good gun to the new one the problem went away. That told me the extractor could be all the difference. Thats why I bought another one in 9 just to see if I got a bad one out of spec. Doubt I will send it back to Glock. Already reports of the FDE guns with the same problems so I am not confident that Glock has figured anything out.The gun functions and the head hits are maybe 5%, I think they would say its in spec and send it back. The new gen 4 ejectors are avialable but sell out fast. Only reason I bought the Glock extractors was because I heard the Apex extractors would be late summer avilability so I decided to see if I just got a bad part.
    I think I will look for a police trade in in the meantime. Nothing made recently.

Feedback Score
    I'll throw my .02 in. Here is what I beleive causes ejection to hit the shooter, it's the LCI extractor and has nothing to do with the ejecter. I have 2 Gen 2's and a 2004 gen 3. Both gen 2's have a 336 ejecter and no LCI extractor and both eject 3-4 oclock and never hit the shooter with brass, the gen3 with LCI is eratic with brass coming straight back and hitting the shooter at least a couple times every mag.

If you look at the extractors when in the gun the LCI extractor has extra material so as to activate the LCI, this causes more tension on the empty and distrups extraction. I proved this today by switching them in each gun and the result was no matter what gun had the LCI extractor it ejected brass towards the shooter.

I'm going to take the extra material off the extractor and see if the problem gets solved, which I'm positive it will.
    Last edited by arjohnson; 04-08-12 at 17:13.

Feedback Score
    I've run across a gen 3 19 w/ serial # starting w/ N and a test fire date from Jun 2009. Would this be old enough to predate the changes made that seem to be causing this problem?

Feedback Score
    I've got a data request for those of you shooting post 2010 G19s. For those of you who have flawless pistols (e.g. no malfunctions and consistent 3-4 o'clock strong ejection) - are you shooting your pistols at range speed (1-2 shots per second or less)? If so, how does your pistol work when shooting at gunfight speed (3-5 shots per second)?

The reason I ask is that both of the bad 3rd Gen guns I had would work fine when shooting slow, or even at "qualification" speeds. The brass to the noggin issue would only raise it's ugly head when I really started to "run" the pistols.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how it's possible that I had four bad G19s in a row, while other people have four, five or six perfect ones in the same timeframe. Surely my luck isn't that bad?

Regards,

Kevin

Page 50 of 210 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast