Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NFA newbie- dedicated suppressed 11.5" build questions

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A 7" rail will fit behind the Noveske switchblock on a carbine system. But unless you buy a Noveske barrel, you'll have to use the clamp on version.

I don't care for either if those limitations.

You could always try an adjustable has block to reduce the amount of gas in your face, but I think you'll be fine with the H2 and blue Springco.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Have you played "switch the buffer/spring/reciever extention till you find what works" game. So much fun...

Seriously, there is a lot of things you can do before you start on the GP. Lots of info on sbr's on here too.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fixit69 View Post
    Have you played "switch the buffer/spring/reciever extention till you find what works" game. So much fun...

Seriously, there is a lot of things you can do before you start on the GP. Lots of info on sbr's on here too.
    If the gas port is right, you don't have to play any games. H2/carbine or A5 buffer system and done.

The wrong port is the root of many AR problems.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fixit69 View Post

The "switch the buffer/spring" game is just a bandaid for the real problem. You want to cure the cause...which is at the gas port/gas block.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    If the gas port is right, you don't have to play any games. H2/carbine or A5 buffer system and done.

The wrong port is the root of many AR problems.
    This is true. I just like to meddle till I figure out what's wrong.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    So really the only option is to get the SYRAC, switchblock, or buy my own barrel and drill it out myself?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    No. I'm not even sure you can get a barrel that has an extension but no port.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Seems complicated then. Maybe I'll just order a switchblock Noveske upper and be done with it, lol.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shaneinhisroom View Post
    Seems complicated then. Maybe I'll just order a switchblock Noveske upper and be done with it, lol.
    You said this is dedicated suppressed, right?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yes, it is. What are the disadvantages to having the wrong gas port but compensated with the right buffer and spring?
    Last edited by shaneinhisroom; 12-17-12 at 13:41.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast