Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: Geissele super precision....

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Ran into a G mount issue. Not compatible with my K16i. Mounted it up at 18 in-lb (within G and Kahles spec), and noted that the ring halves touched ("closed solid") on both sides. There was only 0.01" gap to start with on both sides. Used feeler gauges, Wheeler tq wrench, and micrometer. Scope tube measured 29.97mm. The only thing I can think of as off is the G mount, as my previous G mounts have started with 0.015-0.018" of clearance before tightening began. This is what happens when you machine things like so. Increased chance of failure secondary to tolerances. Replacing the G-mount with a Badger tomorrow. Super sad, this thing was pricy and it was a PITA to level the scope and get everything ready, only to torque it correctly and discover it was FUBAR. At least there are ZERO marks on my K16i from it.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Hmm, must be an individual mount defect, because I have seen numerous pictures of people rocking geissele mounts and the Kahles 1-6. Steve fisher is rocking one on his FN/Hodge carbine with a Geissele 1.93 mount right now as a student/demo gun. I have my Kahles 1-6 coming from DSG right now and plan to put it on my geissele 1.93 mount. Ill let you know if I have a similar problem.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    Hmm, must be an individual mount defect, because I have seen numerous pictures of people rocking geissele mounts and the Kahles 1-6. Steve fisher is rocking one on his FN/Hodge carbine with a Geissele 1.93 mount right now as a student/demo gun. I have my Kahles 1-6 coming from DSG right now and plan to put it on my geissele 1.93 mount. Ill let you know if I have a similar problem.
    That is my hope and thought. The tube on my K16i, using my cheap calipers, I am mic'inc at 0.178-0.182", and the variance between the two is applying pressure to the instrument or wiggling it or anything that causes flexing of the surfaces, so it's mic'ing RIGHT ON 30mm. The 0.01" gap is way too small for an initial gap in my experience, as tubes will compress 0.01-0.02" per ring-side upon tightening, depending on torque (15-25"). I have contacted Geissele, and they have not yet come up with a resolution, but have insinuated that they WILL handle everything and get to the bottom of it and make sure I am taken care of. I have zero complaints except I spent $75 to overnight this mount to myself, specifically as I am away from home, and had it sent to my destination, with obvious plans to use it. And now I cannot. However, they mentioned handling that, as well, but that's really the only thing I'm truly mopey about right now. So far I am very pleased with their responsiveness to me reaching out to them, and I will apprise as resolution and cause is arrived at!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Awesome. Definitely looking forward to seeing how geissele responds and handles your situation. Sucks you won't be able to play with your blaster though. Always a downer.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Basically they overnighted me a new mount, I sent them my mount, they mocked it up on a Razor, as well as a measuring tube of sorts, and showed pictures of it, and said their mount is within spec/fine and my scope is out of spec. I measured my scope at 0.003" under 30mm diameter. I also measured a Leupold MK6 at 0.0035" under 34mm. Both scopes were measured in 3 places. The Leupold fits fine in the Geissele. My K16i does not. I have ordered a Badger, as they don't reject the scopes you stick in them based on what amounts to anodizing thickness variances.

*My new mount goes solid at 16 in-lb on one side, and has 0.0025" clearance on the other. To me, this is unsat. That is not how clamping forces are supposed to go. They should go 100% into the tube, not the mount itself. See "LaRue" for when clamping forces are not correctly directed.
    http://www.omwcorp.com/understandingano/anoindex.html

The badger weighs within 0.2oz of the Geissele.

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-c.../317Arecon.jpg
    Last edited by WS6; 06-17-17 at 09:10.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Only 'fix' I can think of for the Khales with the GA mount is to paint the scope tube to build it up a few thousandths. I have one of those Badger Recon Mounts sitting here that I am meaning to sell, would have been nice to help you out with it.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
    Only 'fix' I can think of for the Khales with the GA mount is to paint the scope tube to build it up a few thousandths. I have one of those Badger Recon Mounts sitting here that I am meaning to sell, would have been nice to help you out with it.
    I'm just selling the scope, getting a refund on the mount, and buying a MK8 CQBSS H27D. Because SR25, and f it.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I'm just selling the scope, getting a refund on the mount, and buying a MK8 CQBSS H27D. Because SR25, and f it.
    I like your style. Sucks about the G mount not working for you. I have not had an issue with any of mine. If going CQBSS have them swap you the CQBSS mount. I prefer it much more to all their standard 34mm mounts. Even against the KAC and others.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 06-18-17 at 08:07.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    I like your style. Sucks about the G mount not working for you. I have not had an issue with any of mine. If going CQBSS have them swap you the CQBSS mount. I prefer it much more to all their standard 34mm mounts. Even against the KAC and others.
    I'm going to wait until I find a stoopid deal on a CQBSS that is LIGHTLY used, and in the mean time, who's to say that Vortex or someone else might drop something in the 30mm tube range? I'm going to just hold the cash and buy what I need, mount-wise.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Good decision.

Did you consider a NF Unimount? I like them but their line up needs expanding a little.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast