Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Surefire Scout Light LED upgrade?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Guys... for roughly the same price as a M300A, you can build a superior VTAC/Surefire clone using a Malkoff that will put out more than double the lumens in the same size package. I just ordered this last night for my BCM middy:

Gear sector offset E series mount: $63
    Malkoff M31 + VME head: $104
    Scout tailcap: $30
    E2b body: $50

Total cost: $247

It's more than twice as bright as the M300A, has an offset mount included, same Surefire lifetime warranty (and Malkoff too), just as bombproof (if not moreso), has the ability to upgrade easily (when Gene comes out with a new module, but can also use any P60 style drop in), uses newer technology, weighs about the same, and can be used easily as a hand-held light if need be.

Superior M600C setup:
    VLTOR mount - $35
    Malkoff M61 + VME head - $104
    Scout tailcap + E2D Body or E2D with head removed - $85

Total cost - $224
    Last edited by Shao; 02-12-13 at 19:37.

Feedback Score
    121 (100%)
    I figure the head it comes with will be fine for the time being, maybe when I am ready to upgrade the new 500 lumen head will be out
    "Fear The Man With Only One Rifle"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    [snip] has the ability to upgrade easily (when Gene comes out with a new module, but can also use any P60 style drop in)
    The VME/M31 combo is definitely a great upgrade for an M300 or E1 series, but last I checked the VME will not accept standard P60 drop-ins. You could of course go with an LU60A from Surefire or any other aftermarket E2C type adapter and Z44/P60 type bezel to fit standard P60 drop-ins but I still think the M31 is the best choice for a single cell weapon light upgrade.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lobstradomus View Post
    The VME/M31 combo is definitely a great upgrade for an M300 or E1 series, but last I checked the VME will not accept standard P60 drop-ins. You could of course go with an LU60A from Surefire or any other aftermarket E2C type adapter and Z44/P60 type bezel to fit standard P60 drop-ins but I still think the M31 is the best choice for a single cell weapon light upgrade.
    That's right.. You can always use an E to C adapter and stick any C/P/G/Z/M2 bezel on it.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Re: Surefire Scout Light LED upgrade?

One of these days, I'm gonna try a hot rodded Surefire. All of mine are completely original and I find them to be sufficient for my needs.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBecker 72 View Post
    One of these days, I'm gonna try a hot rodded Surefire. All of mine are completely original and I find them to be sufficient for my needs.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    It's just cool to have a 700+ OTF lumen 6P.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Another stop gap option fellas is getting the 'older' LX2 200 lumen light. I paid less than $100 for it. If I recall a KX2C head is around the same price. Why not just buy an entire new light and swap out the head?

I got a 600A for $40. Guy didn't know what he had. Placed the LX2 head on there on voila! Beam pattern is the same.

-Jax
    Last edited by jaxman7; 02-13-13 at 13:04.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    Another stop gap option fellas is getting the 'older' LX2 200 lumen light. I paid less than $100 for it. If I recall a KX2C head is around the same price. Why not just buy an entire new light and swap out the head?

I got a 600A for $40. Guy didn't know what he had. Placed the LX2 head on there on voila! Beam pattern is the same.

-Jax
    My latest "invention" is an M300A with a Malkoff M31 with XP-G2 led (280 otf lumens, 40 minutes fully regulated full-output run-time), a VME head to put it in, and a sapphire lens with AR coating.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Would love to try out that setup WS6.

What's the beam like? More of a flood or narrow? How does it compare with an X300 or 600C? have zero experience with Malkoff.

-Jax
    Last edited by jaxman7; 02-13-13 at 16:42.

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    Would love to try out that setup WS6.

What's the beam like? More of a flood or narrow? How does it compare with an X300 or 600C? have zero experience with Malkoff.

-Jax
    Module is here, but it's locked up in my apartment office. I will provide beamshots next week. In the mean-time, check your PM.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast