Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spiral fluted barrels

Feedback Score
    I'm not really a fan of lwrc but I've heard they've fixed the initial problems with their system, I have no personal experience though...

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan46n2 View Post
    I'm not really a fan of lwrc but I've heard they've fixed the initial problems with their system, I have no personal experience though...
    Which set of initial problems?

It's not so much their bad guns... it's their lies and astroturfing of the forums.

I actually haven't seen much of their employees posting on the forums lately.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Regardless of the problems being fixed there price is not justifiable for what you get. You still hear of the problems out of the box. They may not be as frequent, but at this point to not have there system 100% is a joke. Then the icing on the cake is they do a DGI 300 blk. If their piston system is what they claim. Why would they produce a DGI gun.

Lwrc is a joke. In a lot of articles relating to any mil solicitations they supply a system for testing they always seem to choke.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    Regardless of the problems being fixed there price is not justifiable for what you get. You still hear of the problems out of the box. They may not be as frequent, but at this point to not have there system 100% is a joke. Then the icing on the cake is they do a DGI 300 blk. If their piston system is what they claim. Why would they produce a DGI gun.

Lwrc is a joke. In a lot of articles relating to any mil solicitations they supply a system for testing they always seem to choke.
    I can understand your objections. It's somewhat normal to have quality problems with a new product and rifles are no different. You'd think that the prototype and manufacturing build up process would identify all of the bugs, but it doesn't and things always pop up.

However, if they were at all familiar with the market place they dove into, LWRC should have given you a label or 2nd day sent you a box to send their rifle in to get it checked out. Quality and reliability are implied when you buy something that's at the higher end of it's price bracket. And no company wants to enter a new market with a thud of quality problems and returns.

There's no excuse for whitewashing their discussion forums.

Some folks like piston guns, some like DGI. But to dive into a 2nd system without getting your first running like a sewing machine is just greedy, lazy, and disingenuous.

Now I don't feel so bad about getting mocked for my ubr stock, grip, mbus' and rail covers... Honestly, I had a moment of frugality when I was collecting parts and decided to buy all these from Magpul to save on shipping...

Feedback Score
    Spiral fluted barrels are...interesting to look at. I could they are expensive to have done, and depending on the handguard you have, the majority could be covered up. Good luck, some of the barrel sites have a shitton more fluting patterns to offer. Don't settle on one too quick without looking at the rest.

Feedback Score
    Having a barrell fluted can also degrade accuracy in some cases, something to keep in mind.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krusty783 View Post
    I can understand your objections. It's somewhat normal to have quality problems with a new product and rifles are no different. You'd think that the prototype and manufacturing build up process would identify all of the bugs, but it doesn't and things always pop up.

However, if they were at all familiar with the market place they dove into, LWRC should have given you a label or 2nd day sent you a box to send their rifle in to get it checked out. Quality and reliability are implied when you buy something that's at the higher end of it's price bracket. And no company wants to enter a new market with a thud of quality problems and returns.

There's no excuse for whitewashing their discussion forums.

Some folks like piston guns, some like DGI. But to dive into a 2nd system without getting your first running like a sewing machine is just greedy, lazy, and disingenuous.

Now I don't feel so bad about getting mocked for my ubr stock, grip, mbus' and rail covers... Honestly, I had a moment of frugality when I was collecting parts and decided to buy all these from Magpul to save on shipping...
    I don't whitewash the forum with negative views of lwrc. This is the first time(in this thread) since joining that i have said anything.

They were going to send a return label. I politely stated it would not be needed, because i could not trust a weapon after my experience. The shop i bought it at already said they would take it back and deal with the manufacturer. I asked the shop owner about it a couple months later. He said it had now been back three time and was still exhibiting the same problems. He said it would group better, but still choked constantly. He told me that he asked for a credit on his account since they could not fix it. They said they would so he sent it back. He no longer stocks lwrc.

Feedback Score
    double :/
    Last edited by MegademiC; 09-26-12 at 12:16.

Feedback Score
    OP, you may want to look into dimpling also. You didnt ask, but I'm not sure if you've seen it. Going off the top of my head from previous posts, its more expensive, but results in a lighter barrel with better strength/rigidity ratio. This is with respect to standard fluting. I dont know how it compares to spiral fluting.

That said, it may not have the look you want, if you're going for that.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    J,

I was referring to LWRC whitewashing negative info from their forums. I can understand companies not wanting negative info on their own forums, but that's a risk you run hosting.

Mega,
    I've seen some dimpled barrels also. I'm just thinking about starting a 20" build and I like the industrial/drill bit look of the LWRC barrels. I've seen some other spiral fluted barrels but the flutes don't seem as aggressive. All the dimpled barrels I've seen make me think of a golfball...

I think a fluted barrel would be a nice look, but since most of the barrel is hidden behind the handguard, you won't be able to see a lot of the effect anyway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast