Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM C8 SFW

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    The Colt Canada ( Diemaco) SFW is widely used by Allied SOF and has seen a lot of combat use - it has an excellent track record - the original is unavailable here so I asked Paul Buffoni at BCM to make a clone upper to answer the need for this historically significant AR variant

There you have it - enjoy !!!!
    Ahhhh...was just gonna post this quote from you...very cool idea, thanks.

This from the description on BCM site:

The Canadian C8 SFW (Special Forces Weapon).
    Upper Group based on carbines widely used by NATO Special Operations Forces such as Canadian SOF, British SAS, Norwegian Special Operations, Dutch Military, and others. It gained widespread use in Europe at the same time the M4A1 was used in US SOF.
    It includes a removable Simon Sleeve (on front of barrel) used to mount a variety of accessories fielded by these units. This is the first time a SFW type upper has been available in the US.
    Last edited by djegators; 01-11-15 at 08:23.
    Owner/CEO
    Light Tac LLC

Owner
    Mutiny Arms LLC

Feedback Score
    99 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoDak View Post
    Interesting. I was kind of curious what the barrel looked like under the sleeve. Does the sleeve just slide off once the flash suppressor has been removed?
    Bingo!

Feedback Score
    99 (100%)
    The Colt Canada ( Diemaco) SFW is widely used by Allied SOF and has seen a lot of combat use - it has an excellent track record - the original is unavailable here so I asked Paul Buffoni at BCM to make a clone upper to answer the need for this historically significant AR variant

Thank you, Sir!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by col.1981 View Post
    Bingo!
    Good to know. I read they are pressed on on the Colt Canada barrels and was curious if BCM was different.

Feedback Score

Another person thankful you got BCM to make this upper reality.

Interesting timing on this thread since I recently bought one of these uppers and I am currently working on a C8A3 clone. Barring a few things like the ambi controls I'm fairly close. The only thing I'm having troubles deciding on is changing out the Mod0 comp BCM included with the upper. It's not the correct muzzle device, but after shooting the upper with it on, I was impressed by the difference it made over an A2 FH and don't want to get rid of it.

Feedback Score
    A couple of points to note with regard to this:

On the BCM, the barrel is not CHF, which differs from the Colt Canada version.

On the Colt Canada version, the Simon Sleeve is supposed to be pressed on, but having removed one recently, they slip on and off quite loosely.

Remember that the crush washer is reversed when attaching the Simon Sleeve and flash hider.

Regards.

Mark
    GLOCK Certified Advanced Armourer. SIG Sauer Certified Law Enforcement Armourer for SIG Sauer Semi-Auto Pistols, 1911, M400/M16/M4/AR15, 516 Rifle.
    Owner of Invictus Specialities Inc.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MWL View Post
    A couple of points to note with regard to this:

On the BCM, the barrel is not CHF, which differs from the Colt Canada version.

On the Colt Canada version, the Simon Sleeve is supposed to be pressed on, but having removed one recently, they slip on and off quite loosely.

Remember that the crush washer is reversed when attaching the Simon Sleeve and flash hider.

Regards.

Mark
    I don't disagree, but I don't think anybody is going to know the difference in any sort of practical manner.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Absolutely, I was merely pointing it out for those that are looking to build a clone.

The other thing is that Colt Canada uses an "improved chamber", whatever that means, and depending on who the gun is meant for, the rails are not always Picatinny spec.

Regards.

Mark
    GLOCK Certified Advanced Armourer. SIG Sauer Certified Law Enforcement Armourer for SIG Sauer Semi-Auto Pistols, 1911, M400/M16/M4/AR15, 516 Rifle.
    Owner of Invictus Specialities Inc.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    c8-1.jpg
    I love mine - was an impulse buy but since have done usual mods of Magpul, Aimpoint, TangoDown and added a BFG Vickers sling to it.
    Glocks are functional tools and nothing else, hence they have no soul - Rob S.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Are the actual C8s 16" ?
    Kinda looks like my Colt 16" HBAR
    NRA Life Member Since 1993

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast