Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Night Sights For PPQ

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    That sounds even better. I would prefer a fixed sight over the adjustable version. I'll let some other folks be the guinea pigs though. Once a few people have tried it and reported good results then I'll give it a try.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick07 View Post
    On the Trijicon website it appears you may be able to order them once you set up an account... but it also indicates they are still eight weeks out.
    We just got some of these in stock!

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...tion&key=WP101

C4

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Well hell.. its about damn time trijicon...
    Dont sweat the small stuff.

If youre not taking fire, its all small stuff.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolt_Overide View Post
    Well hell.. its about damn time trijicon...
    Yeah, I ordered a couple of sets, good Lord, I can't remember how long ago, and they showed up at my door Friday....got them installed today...have to go try them out....problem was it was so damn long ago I had forgotten about it and I get the "what is this $300+" charge on the credit card interrogatory from the wife....

Umm...remember...like...in December....when I told you I was going to buy some night sights....

Yeah...she didn't remember....
    VA Arms Co alumnus

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I got my Dawson Precision sights yesterday and installed them.

Beautiful set of sights, how ever I have a few complaints and would not buy these again or recommend them to any one else, heres why:

1) the rear, it does not fit, and was clearly for another gun and they decided they fit the PPQ as well, they don't really. The top of the slide has a raised flat with lines down it, this is to high. I had to seriously hammer these things on, I can see where forcing the two together caused material to be removed from either the slide or the sights, I can 't tell. I have installed many glock rears, I understand a tight fit, this was way past that. The set screw in the back is obviously not needed, and I assume would be useful on what ever gun the site was designed for.

2) Rear sight notch is narrower than stock, front is the same width. This makes for slower target acquisition for me, I prefer wider rear.

Wish I had held out for the Trijicons.

I'm sure I 'll be good with what I have, and since I doubt the rear is coming off with any real ease I am literally stuck with them.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post

Beautiful set of sights, how ever I have a few complaints and would not buy these again or recommend them to any one else, heres why:

1) the rear, it does not fit, and was clearly for another gun and they decided they fit the PPQ as well, they don't really. The top of the slide has a raised flat with lines down it, this is to high. I had to seriously hammer these things on, I can see where forcing the two together caused material to be removed from either the slide or the sights, I can 't tell. I have installed many glock rears, I understand a tight fit, this was way past that. The set screw in the back is obviously not needed, and I assume would be useful on what ever gun the site was designed for.

2) Rear sight notch is narrower than stock, front is the same width. This makes for slower target acquisition for me, I prefer wider rear.

I'm sure I 'll be good with what I have, and since I doubt the rear is coming off with any real ease I am literally stuck with them.
    I've been fairly happy with the Dawsons. The included instructions said they might need to be fitted, and that's definitely true--they would barely start in the dovetail without a little filing, and even following the instructions to file until they went in easily to the halfway point, I got a few slivers once I tapped them into place. I agree that the rear notch could be a little wider and the lamps being right up against the notch as opposed to being in the middle takes a little getting used to. I might give the regular Trijicons a try on my next PPQ (not a huge fan of the U-notch), or even the factory night sights since I like the width of the factory rear. I just wish Ameriglo would give us some Operators or Pro Operators...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jck397 View Post
    I just wish Ameriglo would give us some Operators or Pro Operators...
    Tell me about it! I love them, and have them on all five of my Glocks. I emailed them, and got the same response as everyone else "thank you for your interest, but we have no plans for PPQ sights"

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post

All Dawson sights have to be filed to fit in my experience (Glock, M&P, etc). So you made an error by pounding them in.

The notch sizes are clearly written on their website. So if you have a rear notch of .125 and a front sight width of .125, they are going to be a tight sight picture (this is what I run BTW). If you did not want that, then you needed to choose a a larger rear notch (like .145) with the .125 front sights.

This is the file needed to properly fit Dawson sights: http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-to...s-prod698.aspx

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 04-23-14 at 10:47.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    We just got some of these in stock!

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin...tion&key=WP101

C4
    Grant to you have the yellow ones available, or just the orange?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Grant to you have the yellow ones available, or just the orange?
    Just the orange.

C4

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast