Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Remington 700 fired, on safe, while bolt being closed

Feedback Score
    conclusion... corrosion in trigger group... I guess I didnt clean it nearly as much as I thought I did

remedy... new trigger for gun (timney)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This has been a big suspicion of mine about nearly all of these NDs and probably accounts for nearly 10-15% of them. The remainder I can assure you are inexperienced users fingering the trigger, and the gun doing what they are telling it to do, which is to fire. Glad you got this sorted out. About to order a manners T4A for my XCR Tactical Long range, when I install the internals will be cleaned and a thin layer of tw-25b will be applied.
    "Most of the things you read on internet gun websites is just bullshit anyway" Plato 315 B.C.

Feedback Score
    Smart move. Where was the corrosion located? Pic?
    The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed – where the government refuses to stand for re-election and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

Member:VCDL,GOA,NRA,NSSF,Oathkeepers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox33 View Post
    conclusion... corrosion in trigger group... I guess I didnt clean it nearly as much as I thought I did

Why do I smell a non-disclosure agreement?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What about the bolt?
    "Shoulder to Shoulder"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave View Post
    Why do I smell a non-disclosure agreement?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I found this posted online in RECOIL yesterday. Remington is recalling many of its model 700 and model 7s over an 8 year time period for this exact reason. Thankfully it looks like they are trying to take some kind of accountability for the problem.

http://www.recoilweb.com/remington-r...ros-42697.html

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox33 View Post

Does not seem legit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just don't trust the government: is this a ploy to get thousands of precision firearms turned in and then some executive order banning them.

As stated, earlier the conspiracy theorist in my mind is on the border of DEFCON 2 & 1.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    I just don't trust the government: is this a ploy to get thousands of precision firearms turned in and then some executive order banning them.

As stated, earlier the conspiracy theorist in my mind is on the border of DEFCON 2 & 1.
    The government isn't recalling these weapons due to defective fire control groups - Remington/Freedom Group/Cerberus is.

Besides, you REALLY think .gov would use some sort of false-flag recall to collect a bunch of deer rifles and not, oh I dunno, semi-automatic rifles that are often void of color, take detachable magazines of varying capacities, and have shoulder things that go up?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast