Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M&P45 Vs. Glock 21SF, Which to buy?

Feedback Score

M&P45 Vs. Glock 21SF, Which to buy?

I personally am a Smith & Wesson fan. I carry an M&P40 and the wife carries a M&P9c. For the last 6 years I have been in law enforcement and my agency carries the Glock 22, with mine being a Gen 2. You may say that this is an old gun and I shouldn't be carrying it on patrol but it works just as well as when it was new, with the exception of being able to utilize a gun mounted light. I understand that there are old school guys who say "who needs a light", but in my experiences I feel more comfortable utilizing one when needed and it can be hard in some situations and impossible while carrying a shield. I could trade in my service weapon for a newer model but it has sentimental value with me being the first firearm I was issued when I got into law enforcement.
    I have now moved to a unit where I am able to carry an additional handgun if I prefer. In this new position, I now find myslf in those situations where a gun mounted light could be utilized with more frequency. I would like to move up to a .45, due to previous experiences shooting a G21SF. I shot well with the 21 and really enjoyed the reduced recoil from the G22. The G21SF also fit my hand well. On the other hand I am partial to the M&P series of pistols from owning them in my personal life. I enjoy the grip, and overall feel of the M&P series and trust in the handguns with my M&P40 having around 5,000+ rounds through it.
    I plan on going to a local gun range sometime in the future to get some shooting time on the M&P45 but with an extremely hectic schedule i am not sure when that will be possible. So in the meantime I am looking for input from you ladies and gentleman who have shot both.
    Thanks for any replies.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    Having owned both, the G21SF has less felt recoil, to me. Not to mention you get 3 extra rounds.....
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    M&P 45. The Glock is still too big for my hand.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    After owning both I favor the Glock in either the gen4 or gen3 SF frame.

Feedback Score
    The M&P45 is best 45 I've personally felt. The Glock 21 is just not friendly to those of us who have medium to smaller hands. Even the Gen4 is still a bit bulky. The upside to the Glock is the out-of-the-box, factory trigger is still better than even the newer lines of M&Ps, and you get 3 more rounds.

I'm partial to the M&P45, but that's just me. Rent both at a range on the same day, the first one that feels right, buy it.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    M&P.

If you're worried about three rounds, buy a 40 or a 9mm.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Take a look at the Gen4 21 as well. You get the same grip size as the 21SF, but with the larger mag release, better texture and double recoil spring (although I don't think the new recoil spring makes any difference in felt recoil).

On the other hand, since you like your M&P40 so much, why not just qualify and carry that?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My duty gun is a g3 g21sf

Best 45 ever.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jwfuhrman View Post
    Having owned both, the G21SF has less felt recoil, to me. Not to mention you get 3 extra rounds.....

This is my experience as well, with the exception that mine is a Gen4 21.

Feedback Score
    My duty gun is a G21 and I have no complaints. It wears a SF X300 24/7. That said, I'd carry my Gen 4 G21 if my agency allowed. I do feel like it has less recoil due to the double RSA. It also has the 4 different backstraps (2 with a beaver tail) if you need. As mentioned, the mag catch is larger/better/reversible.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast