Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 223/556 Primers

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    BOTH from what I've read... but the SRMs are what I have first hand experience with failing to start H335.
    Shame, I'd like to try H335 but if that's an issue... I'll stick with TAC as at $15.50 for WOLF SRM... I'm not going to change up my load and pay more than needed for primers.
    I do have a few hundreds CCI #400 though, maybe I'll get just a pound of H335 and experiment a little, get some chrono data worked up.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    H335 is good powder, but for me... it was much easier and more economical to replace h335 that it was to replace my WOLF SRMs.

H335 just doesn't do anything THAT great to make me switch primers... and it's flashy as hell.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxerglocker View Post
    Shame, I'd like to try H335 but if that's an issue... I'll stick with TAC as at $15.50 for WOLF SRM... I'm not going to change up my load and pay more than needed for primers.
    I do have a few hundreds CCI #400 though, maybe I'll get just a pound of H335 and experiment a little, get some chrono data worked up.
    If you have not already bought the primers, it is probably cheaper to buy non WOLF primers and then by WC844 powder at $85 per 8lb keg instead of paying 120 or much more for 8lbs of TAC. WC844 is non canister grade H335 surplus pulldown powder. Works fine for me.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    H335 is good powder, but for me... it was much easier and more economical to replace h335 that it was to replace my WOLF SRMs.

H335 just doesn't do anything THAT great to make me switch primers... and it's flashy as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    If you have not already bought the primers, it is probably cheaper to buy non WOLF primers and then by WC844 powder at $85 per 8lb keg instead of paying 120 or much more for 8lbs of TAC. WC844 is non canister grade H335 surplus pulldown powder. Works fine for me.
    Good to know about the flash

I already have 16#'s of TAC and 5K of WOLF SRM's on hand to last me throught the rest of the year but will keep WC844 in mind for when I restock back up. Thanks for the 411.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Good to know about the flash

I already have 16#'s of TAC and 5K of WOLF SRM's on hand to last me throught the rest of the year but will keep WC844 in mind for when I restock back up. Thanks for the 411.
    Are your Wolf SRM the recent lots? I have 2007 lots of Wolf SRM and they work fine. Just recent lots have the problems.
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    Are your Wolf SRM the recent lots? I have 2007 lots of Wolf SRM and they work fine. Just recent lots have the problems.
    I'm not close to my bench to check right now.... but I think when I checked they were manfactured 2nd quarter of this year. I'll confirm and update when I get home.

3 or 4 buddies and I got in a on a group buy from PV and we all got them. So far no one has reported issues, but then again I think we are all loading TAC and Horandy FMJBT's. I'm almost through my second brick.
    Last edited by Boxerglocker; 06-07-11 at 10:39.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I think my 09s were no go with H335. I still have 200 of the 07s I saved when I realized they changed the formula.

I think I ran the 07s with success behind H335.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm not close to my bench to check right now.... but I think when I checked they were manfactured 2nd quarter of this year. I'll confirm and update when I get home.

3 or 4 buddies and I got in a on a group buy from PV and we all got them. So far no one has reported issues, but then again I think we are all loading TAC and Horandy FMJBT's. I'm almost through my second brick.
    Probably SOL on those with H335 type powders.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    But they do run TAC pretty good in my experience.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question

I think I overheard somebody say that Remmy 7.5 primers were just as slam-fire hard as the CCI military ones ... can any one confirm this?
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast