Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Colt New Products 2013

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everyusernametaken View Post
    I believe there are really two distinct groups you can pursue with new products in this industry - those who know specifically what they're looking for, and those who just buy something that appeals to them for some non-functional reason. It looks like Colt has invested more in the latter this time around, *snip*
    I agree. There were a lot of times watching that vid where I thought 'oh, that might be nice...' and it would turn in to '...except for that.' As-is, the A4 was the only one I could see myself considering.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Its time for Colt to park the clown car.

11.5" with an extended flash hider? Really? That went out of style 20 years ago.
    There's a lot of silly shit coming from Colt these days.

It's like ARFcom took over the decision making at Colt.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The slightly higher price of the 6933 will be seen when you send your lower off to be engraved and have the long flash hider removed. That is a wash.

You also have to account for the devalue of the barrel since it is left with a dimple where the pin and weld used to be. You would be lucky to get $175 for it, where real Colt 11.5" barrels go for $400 street price.
    Wow, I really had no idea what I was talking about and you sure did debate me into oblivion...

I did my engraving at a local trophy shop for $15, and I wouldn't send the barrel off to have that weld removed, that's a pretty simple task. I see your points but I think the LECAR is still a fine option if you aren't framiliar with SBRs, want the gun one now, or don't plan on selling the parts.

It's not the best option for a purist, but it is absolutely functionally acceptable for most people. ESP the ones that have no SBR experience and have no access to test/try one before getting into NFA. It's not even a great option for me, I just won't sit here and shit on Colt because they made some choices designed around selling guns to other people's interests.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    I just won't sit here and shit on Colt because they made some choices designed around selling guns to other people's interests.
    I applaud your ability to at least see that the thing should be removed.

But I don't agree with Colt producing a config that Bushmaster was running 10 years ago.

I doubt they're targeting guys like you who know to remove the thing... they're going after the imbecile market. Not a good sign.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's not even a great option for me, I just won't sit here and shit on Colt because they made some choices designed around selling guns to other people's interests.
    Exactly, they are trying to grab a larger slice of the market. Even John Deere sold the farm and sells cheap manufactured tractors at box stores.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I doubt they're targeting guys like you who know to remove the thing... they're going after the imbecile market. Not a good sign.
    Fair enough.

Feedback Score
    121 (100%)
    I really like the A4, but are the M4 feedramps necessary? I had a different brand A4 with rifle cuts, never had an issue, damn I miss that rifle, I need to get another A4.
    "Fear The Man With Only One Rifle"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by og556 View Post
    Whoever did their market research was smoking crack. Did Mr. Cohen from Sig go work for colt ?
    If that happened, we'd see AR's with names that sound like bad Kung-Fu movies or rejected James Bond enemies.

The entire AR-15 industry went with Troy BUIS as their OEM sights.

Colt keeps going with the magpul mbus.

The Colt 901 I saw the other day had Colt branded Troy sights.
    -VERITAS VINCIT-

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Wow, I really had no idea what I was talking about and you sure did debate me into oblivion...

I did my engraving at a local trophy shop for $15, and I wouldn't send the barrel off to have that weld removed, that's a pretty simple task. I see your points but I think the LECAR is still a fine option if you aren't framiliar with SBRs, want the gun one now, or don't plan on selling the parts.

It's not the best option for a purist, but it is absolutely functionally acceptable for most people. ESP the ones that have no SBR experience and have no access to test/try one before getting into NFA. It's not even a great option for me, I just won't sit here and shit on Colt because they made some choices designed around selling guns to other people's interests.

Your guns is devalued around $500 after you engrave your lower and remove the flash hider.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo2304 View Post
    If that happened, we'd see AR's with names that sound like bad Kung-Fu movies or rejected James Bond enemies.

The Colt 901 I saw the other day had Colt branded Troy sights.
    Yup, just like Noveske, Larue, and BCM.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast