Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2 eyes open

Feedback Score

2 eyes open

do u shoot 2 eyes open with a magnifier behind your rds or do u shoot one eye. i know u shoot 2 eyes open with eotech/aimpoint but wondering do u still do that when the magnifier is in place

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You'll more likely get a response to your query if you take the time to type a coherent sentence, using real words.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kmrtnsn View Post
    You'll more likely get a response to your query if you take the time to type a coherent sentence, using real words.
    Wow! I didn't realize this was english class. I'll try to limit the shorthand. Oh yea if you didn't want to respond to the question you should've just not posted at all.

Feedback Score
    Always shoot with both eyes open. Took a long time to learn to just keep the eyes open but it is far more effective.

Feedback Score
    I believe both eyes open is best. That said, I can't shoot with both eyes open. I'm a righty but left eye dominant. I've started wearing a patch on my left eye around the house to see if I can train my right eye to be dominant.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Cross dominance is a non issue. I'm some form of it. People make it into more than it is.

I use both eyes open for pistol, irons, dots, acogs etc etc etc.

You should use both eyes open. You cut your FOV off by closing one eye, you also will notice your eye start to twitch after a long period of keeping it shut.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Since you decided to blow off the advice from a senior member, I'll pass it on. If you don't want to type coherent sentence that make us believe you're not some kid in the basement, then don't post the question.

Quote Originally Posted by gbolt903 View Post
    Wow! I didn't realize this was english class. I'll try to limit the shorthand. Oh yea if you didn't want to respond to the question you should've just not posted at all.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackknight View Post
    Cross dominance is a non issue. I'm some form of it. People make it into more than it is.

I use both eyes open for pistol, irons, dots, acogs etc etc etc.

You should use both eyes open. You cut your FOV off by closing one eye, you also will notice your eye start to twitch after a long period of keeping it shut.
    How do you shoot both eyes open with a rifle when you're cross dominant? I have a dot of scotch tape on the left lens of my shooting glasses. It helps make my right eye take over dominance but its tough to keep the dot in the right spot or balance big enough to transfer dominance and small enough to keep a good FOV.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hmm...I'm right eye dominant and right handed, but I can shoot both eyes open from my left shoulder, to the point where you probably couldn't tell I am not left handed...took a while, but a ton of dry practice got it done. I know there are differing degrees of dominance, but putting in the reps, not just at the range, should get it done.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    This!

Whether I'm shooting my Aimpoints or my NF 1-4 I shoot with both eyes open.

Repetition on the range and off the range is the key.

Of course, I'm still trying to get the lazy left side of my body to comply.

Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    Hmm...I'm right eye dominant and right handed, but I can shoot both eyes open from my left shoulder, to the point where you probably couldn't tell I am not left handed...took a while, but a ton of dry practice got it done. I know there are differing degrees of dominance, but putting in the reps, not just at the range, should get it done.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast