Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help! Need Grip Options for HK45c!!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Help! Need Grip Options for HK45c!!

So I recently received my German HK45c, I like it alot, like the full-size HK45 better, but it's still very nice. However The damn grip is the most slippery thing to my hand. I have no idea why, my sights line up perfectly when aiming but i just cannot for the life of me build confidence in drawing it under pressure, or manipulating it as is and get a "secure" grip. It's just too damn slick. I have toyed with hogue/pachymayr grips, but those are a no go for ccw in my mind. Last stop is grip tape but that seems a tad tacky for me. Not hounding it, just haven't tried it. And to make matters worse, I felt a Glock 30sf today, and liked it much better than the older 30 and it felt very "secure", moreso than my HK45c. Now i hear the Gen 4 Glock 30 and the new 30s are out and even slimmer, with finger grooves for my tiny girl fingers. I love the HK45c, it looks cool, points naturally, has a uber cool-ness about it, and like the idea of a hammer for AIWB. However the control of it is lacking even during dry fire....What should i do?
    Last edited by azeriosu85; 02-18-13 at 22:46.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Stipple?

Feedback Score
    A good stipple job is a relatively inexpensive fix.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    A good stipple job is a relatively inexpensive fix.
    i have never felt a professionally stippled handgun before personally, i've seen em but never manipulated one. Only one i have felt was a garage job that felt like it would but my tendons after 5 rounds hahaha

Feedback Score
    The HK45 series is regarded as a top notch 45.

When guys like Larry Vickers talk very highly of something, I pay attention.

I would urge you to get a stipple job on the 45c before you move to another weapon.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Help! Fantasizing about selling my HK45c for a Glock 30s....oh my

Find some 3M skateboard tape and cut yourself a grip panel.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    The HK45 series is regarded as a top notch 45.

When guys like Larry Vickers talk very highly of something, I pay attention.

I would urge you to get a stipple job on the 45c before you move to another weapon.
    i agree, and am not going to be impulsive on this, i just lack full confidence on a secure grip. would be willing to try stippling, but hard to know what you want done PERMANENTLY without ever feeling the finished product you know? i might pick up some grip tape tomorrow, just not sure the best setup/template for it

Feedback Score
    If you decide to have it done, maybe check with Bowie Tactical Concepts. If you look at the pictures page, you can see some of his HK work.

http://www.bowietacticalconcepts.com

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Don't sell the gun! I kick myself for letting my Hk 45c go.

Get in touch with cold bore customs and have him stipple it and be done with it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P View Post
    Don't sell the gun! I kick myself for letting my Hk 45c go.

Get in touch with cold bore customs and have him stipple it and be done with it.
    is that vertical stippling the most popular?

these guys look nice though too

http://www.coldborecustom.com/Texturing.html

soo many god damned decisions lol. might just grip tape it or hockey tape it and say the hell with it
    Last edited by azeriosu85; 02-17-13 at 23:49.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast