Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remington X-Mark Pro Trigger recall question??

Feedback Score

Remington X-Mark Pro Trigger recall question??

My wife has a Remington Model 700 ADL Synthetic Compact in 243 Win. We topped it off with a Leupold VX1 3-9x40mm Scope (with the pink ring instead of the gold ring). She's been shooting it quite a bit and is really getting good with it.

I was at Gander Mountain tonight and saw a notice that Remington is recalling certain model 7's and 700's with the X-Mark Pro Triggers. I went to the recall web site and entered our serial number and it's one of the rifles affected by the recall.

Here is my question, instead of sending it back to have Remington fix it, can I replace the X-Mark Pro Trigger with a Timney #510 Trigger? I like the Timney Triggers and would rather just put one of those in instead.

Thanks, NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Sure,,why not,,thats what I am going to do with my 2 Remmy's ! Make sure you get the Discount Code so ya can buy some goodies off there Webstore !

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I thought the x-mark was the fix for their older trigger problems. Where the guns were going off on their own. Thanks for posting this i will go check it out..I dont think you would have any problems with a timney..Whats the recall for btw..

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Mine came with the X-mark and I never fired a shot with it. A Timney 510 was the first thing that went in after taking the new rifle out of the box.

Nice trigger, no issues with the Timney.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    My wife has a Remington Model 700 ADL Synthetic Compact in 243 Win. We topped it off with a Leupold VX1 3-9x40mm Scope (with the pink ring instead of the gold ring). She's been shooting it quite a bit and is really getting good with it.

I was at Gander Mountain tonight and saw a notice that Remington is recalling certain model 7's and 700's with the X-Mark Pro Triggers. I went to the recall web site and entered our serial number and it's one of the rifles affected by the recall.

Here is my question, instead of sending it back to have Remington fix it, can I replace the X-Mark Pro Trigger with a Timney #510 Trigger? I like the Timney Triggers and would rather just put one of those in instead.

Thanks, NYH1.
    This is the preferred fix for certain. Do a little searching around the web. Due to the number of units involved, the turn around time from Remington is off the charts. After that huge wait, you rifle will still have a crappy factory trigger. Go for the Timney before everyone has the same idea and you can't find one anywhere.
    Open the pig!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    You should have 510'd that gun anyway. The Xmark trigger is garbage.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    You should have 510'd that gun anyway. The Xmark trigger is garbage.
    Yep. I ran the Xmark in my 700 up until Remington announced the recall. I figured it was a perfect excuse to upgrade. I've got a Timney 517 (flat trigger) in my rifle now and don't know how/why I went so long with the Xmark.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That's the trigger we run. Same as the 510, but with a flat trigger.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by texasgunhand View Post
    I thought the x-mark was the fix for their older trigger problems. Where the guns were going off on their own. Thanks for posting this i will go check it out..I dont think you would have any problems with a timney..Whats the recall for btw..
    Recall info-
    http://xmprecall.remington.com/
    Last edited by NYH1; 06-27-14 at 18:18.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by texasgunhand View Post
    Recall info-
    http://xmprecall.remington.com/

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast