Thread: M&P 22 Compact thread protector disassembly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    I have the twin tech adapter (with SiCO o-ring specs) on mine. Very satisfied so far. I prefer it's method of tightening/loosening better than both the Silencer and EWK offerings.
    I've been curious about the twin tech adapters, I haven't seen a lot written about them. It looks like they just continue the diameter of the barrel all the way forward instead of flaring out like the other adapters do:
    http://www.twintechtactical.com/M-P-Comp-22.html

The other adapters flare out to take up the slop in the slide, so is that an issue with the twin tech? And how snug is the o-ring engagement compared to the other adapters?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrf24 View Post
    I've been curious about the twin tech adapters, I haven't seen a lot written about them. It looks like they just continue the diameter of the barrel all the way forward instead of flaring out like the other adapters do:
    http://www.twintechtactical.com/M-P-Comp-22.html

The other adapters flare out to take up the slop in the slide, so is that an issue with the twin tech? And how snug is the o-ring engagement compared to the other adapters?
    Here it is (on the right, and then bottom) compared to the SiCo adapters on my M&P 22 and GSG 1911-22:

Last edited by BigWaylon; 04-12-15 at 10:40.

Feedback Score
    Here it is (on the right, and then bottom) compared to the SiCo adapters on my M&P 22 and GSG 1911-22:
    This is silencerco's adapter:
    AC875.jpg

You can see it flares a little from where it screws on the barrel to where the suppressor screws on.

This is twin tech's adapter:
    DSCN1240.jpg

No flare, which seems like it would be a problem since the barrel opening in the front of the slide would have more play with the twin tech vs the silencerco adapter (or the thread cap that came with the gun). Do you have a picture of the twin tech adapter on the barrel with the slide off, or locked back far enough to show what the barrel/adapter interface looks like?

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Thanks for posting that. Since the adapter isn't flared, it looks like there's a lot of slack at the front of the slide. If you try to wiggle the slide, it'll probably have a lot more play than with the thread cap that came with the gun (or a flared adapter). Since there's nothing to center the front of the slide (and hence front sight), what's accuracy like when shooting suppressed?

Feedback Score
    Never really had any problems. It's had several hundred rounds through it, but most have been by my son (8) and some friends. No real bullseye type target shooting. Just blasting zombie targets, bottles and cans. 25 yards or less. It definitely functions fine.

Feedback Score
    Recoil rod centering bushing will solve the problem.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I need that adapter, unless someone can make a damn tool to take the SiCo adapter on and off with ease.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/wcsstore...22CPRFinal.pdf

So I was in the local LGS fondling a G43 today (mine arrives at another dealer tomorrow) and I noticed they had a M&P 22 compact with thead adapter on it, store owner said it came that way from the factory. Sure as shit, I see Smith released a "suppressor ready" model just before NRA show that comes with an OEM thread adapter AND WRENCH. Does anyone know where to obtain the suppressor kit listed in the above press release?