Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steiner P4Xi 1-4x Scope

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Steiner P4Xi 1-4x Scope

Pros:
    -Price point and quality balance (sub $500)
    -unobstructed reticle
    -comes with throw lever
    -daylight bright illumination
    -relatively clean edges for the price
    -lifetime transferrable warranty

Cons:
    -not the crispest adjustments in the turrets
    -some viewers have commented they want caps

Video review:

Feedback Score
    Great video as usual. I wish your review was out when I bought mine awhile back, but I concur with all of your points. The want of scope caps is a moot point for me however, I'd lose a set of caps that would come with a scope in this price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Great vid production and you had good timing to get it at $460USD. 26% more now. Was ready to buy @ $460!
    Last edited by Captiva; 01-27-17 at 06:11. Reason: typographical error

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captiva View Post
    Great vid production and you had good timing to get it at $460USD. 26% more now. Was ready to buy @ $460!
    Well get ready to buy because here it is for $459 shipped when you hit "see our low price"

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I'm pleased to see Steiner kept the reticle in a combat format (i.e. each increment is a man's shoulders at designated range) instead of going with a fixed, gun game non-ranging reticle.

Would like to have seen the dedicated 5.56 reticle (5.56 3TR) offered here in the states vs. the combo 5.56/7.62 P3TR reticle.
    NRA Life Member

"WINNING" - When all of the liberal democrats and other libtards start throwing themselves off cliffs because they don't get their way...

JEDIsh: We are asked not to judge all muslims by the acts of a few extremists, but we are encouraged to judge all gun owners by extreme acts of the few.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    i asked and was told there should be a moa and mil based reticle possibly coming to this optic.

it was one of the items to check out for me, and i was impressed for the price. as long as it holds up this is a great low priced variable.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for putting out a review for this one! It's in the top three on my list right now.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Helpful review.
    I've been running this Steiner on a 16" gun for 6 months.
    It's been drug around at the ranch and used none too gently.
    No issues to date.
    I have the Military 1X4 as well. It's a great LPV, but it is a boat anchor.
    The substantially lighter weight of the PX4i was a selling point for me.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a minor quandary. I have been looking to upgrade my optic within a certain budget. Can't really blow a G or more. My eyes are getting a bit old and I'm having a little trouble picking up 10" steel at 200 yds quickly. I was thinking of going to a 1-6 in the $400-500 range, but there just is not really too many decent optics in that range. Now we have the Steiner PX4i. Would the lack of 2X more, but with better glass and a better reticle more than offset a 1-6 with less better glass? I'm thinking it might, but what do you guys think? I just want to see things at range more quickly.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    I have a minor quandary......Would the lack of 2X more, but with better glass and a better reticle more than offset a 1-6 with less better glass? I'm thinking it might, but what do you guys think? I just want to see things at range more quickly.
    Yes.
    Better glass trumps more magnification- every time.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast