Page 9 of 182 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2015 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    The "professional" user sadly doesn't get to take advantage of the rather mind pondering benefits of all the various neat looking polymer covers/rail panels since they have a very famous history of going tits up immediately when used in combat.

Oddly enough a pair of $15 base model Mechanix gloves provide an equal solution to the latest high speed rail cover.
    Spot on. I have had covers come off plenty of times. The only ones I really trust are the ones from KAC. I would think that a properly attached screw on cover would be on as good as any back up sight.

Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    No, not really. There are these special, exotic things called "Gloves" that mitigate the need for panels.

I haven't used panels in YEARS and have somehow survived.
    C4
    I could personally care less if any of my firearms show signs of use. You guys are both right about gloves, they do the job of protecting your hands from heat. Having very limited experience with the slick handguards I would think that having panels where you grip the handguard would help with traction as well as protect your hands from heat.

Any word on when the rail is going to be for sale? Grant, will you be selling them?

Feedback Score

+1 on gloves for any type of rail system. I love these new Mechanix gloves.

Here are some close up shots of the HK416 version in 14.5" Sand Matte color:

These were contract by the DoD with very specific specs and requests. The same specs are applied to the M4/AR version minus the QD.

Unlike other rail systems, the Geissele rail I received for review was discretely textured. It felt very comfortable with a wood grain feel. Slots are beveled. All edges are smooth.

To me, the standard rail felt pretty light. The Geissele rail is 0.2 oz lighter per inch.

I can't say it's the best hand guard. But quality it next to none and it's definitely the most comfortable system I've ever felt. I have a match in a couple weeks. I'll let you know how it goes.

Feedback Score
    I think that this rail was not made to be light. Looks like (at least for me) that it was made to be strong, without unnecessary weight.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    Absolutely. Some of the current rails would not even meet requirements. The AR/M4 versions strength will be at the bbl nut, similar to the HK version.

Bill mentioned that the rail could carry a soldier with gear by the sling if he were to be hung up on a heli skid.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by forFREEDOM View Post

Bar none the nicest looking HK416 I've seen....granted I'm a long rail fan, but that Geissele rail makes that rifle's form flow soooo much cleaner at least to the naked eye. Thanks for sharing with us.

I'll try and tip off Bill to this thread, perhaps then he can help us out with any questions or availability dates/prices.

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post

I'll try and tip off Bill to this thread, perhaps then he can help us out with any questions or availability dates/prices.
    I called this morning and was told 4-6 more weeks. I did not even think to ask about the price.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by forFREEDOM View Post
    Absolutely. Some of the current rails would not even meet requirements. The AR/M4 versions strength will be at the bbl nut, similar to the HK version.

Bill mentioned that the rail could carry a soldier with gear by the sling if he were to be hung up on a heli skid.
    Looks like this handguard system is a winner. I dont think Ill ever find my self hanging off a helo skid by my sling, but I do see a new solid well made handguard in my future.

BTW, do you happen to have weight of your rail with and without the barrel nut?
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 06-14-12 at 17:34.

Feedback Score
    Looks like a solid design! It will no doubt perform as anticipated.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 13MPG View Post
    I called this morning and was told 4-6 more weeks. I did not even think to ask about the price.
    Ouch...GA typical misses their planned release dates for new products I've found by about 4-5weeks. Just using the SD line of trigger, S2S/G2S? line, and most recently even though technically not GA...the ALG triggers.

I sent Bill an email earlier so perhaps he will reply with some more details if he has the time which I can't imagine them having....I wish I could ask Bill G 1.34 million questions in all seriousness, thus I force myself to almost never ask any questions.

Thanks for the update, and I do believe these rails will be worth the wait in the end for those who require Geissele built machinery

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 13MPG View Post
    Bill said they would be $360 for the HK416 rails. Should be the ballpark price for the M4/AR variants, but don't quote me on it. From what I've seen, the AR rail will come with a solid bbl nut that allows for a simple 2 screw attachment. So I'm not sure if price will vary.

Timing sounds about right. They are currently in full swing on AR production. Then they will switch the line back to 416/MR556 rail production.
    Last edited by forFREEDOM; 06-14-12 at 20:44. Reason: fat fingers on an iPhone! Damn Autocorrect!

Page 9 of 182 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast