Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Raven Concealment Pic thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by abcsRezy View Post
    is that the MD cut? How do you like it? does it interface with the thumb safety?
    Not sure who you are asking, but I have both MD Cut holster and Mag Pouch.

This is purely my opinion, the MD cut is good if you consider how it's designed. For me the MD cut holster is faster, but it doesn't conceal as well on my body as a normal cut holster does.

The MD cut mag pouches do exactly as they are designed, it's so the forward mag pouch is less likely to hit your leg when you are moving around.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    "It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sorry About the dirty work clothes and the bathroom scene. Took these photos just for this thread so here ya go!

Phantom LC in cyote with MD cut for M&P9 FS w/ TLR-1
    Double mag carrier
    I got non MD cut on the mag carrier because I like to wear my mags at about 7:30 and the extra material cut off wouldn't really benefit me much. As you can see, the holster maintains a very slim profile and keeps the gun close to the body. The only problem I have is with the butt of the gun sticking out back a little bit and printing, but it isn't a huge deal.

Last edited by mhanna91; 11-11-10 at 21:39. Reason: wrong pic

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Nice wallpaper.
    "It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Not sure who you are asking, but I have both MD Cut holster and Mag Pouch.
    Sorry I want clear. I ordered the MD cut because I like getting my thumb on the safety at the start of my draw. Not a big deal or anything but sweat guards annoy me for this reason. I was close to asking them to do something in between, so I could still get my thumb on most of the safety, but still have that little 'safety slot' to prevent it from accidently coming off during day-to-day stuff.

I decided against it for now, since I'll be using this holster mostly OWB, but I think I'll order another one with this intermediate cut when i get back stateside.

What I was asking was whether the MD cut sweat guard got to the thumb safety at all, but I've since answered m own question.

not my pic!
    Last edited by abcsRezy; 11-12-10 at 04:21. Reason: pic thread

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    For me the MD cut holster is faster, but it doesn't conceal as well on my body as a normal cut holster does.
    Can you be more specific please on why the MD cut affects how the holster conceals for you. Based on the features that differ b/w regular and MD cut I can't figure out what would make it conceal less.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rider79 View Post
    Nice wallpaper.
    I know right? You gotta deal with the hand you are dealt.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Before the flood of emails, PM's, and posts:

No, we are not producing the drop leg at this time. That pic is about 3 years old. We may approach a project like that in the future, but for now we are focusing our efforts on getting orders out the door for you guys who have been patiently waiting.

To VolGrad-

The Standard holster has a slight forward cant, which helps to tuck the grip of the gun in a bit more for concealment.

The MD Cut holster is designed to be worn directly on the hip or slightly in front of it.

The Standard Cut holster is designed to be worn directly on the hip or slightly behind it.

We have seen an influx of guys ordering MD Cut gear and then having issues concealing it at 4 oclock. Putting a full size gun in a zero cant holster behind your hip OWB simply isn't going to conceal that well, regardless of who made the holster. I ask that guys order the holsters they need that best fits their style of shooting/carry, and not what they saw their friends or guys on the internet with, or what they saw in a video. Each serve their purpose beautifully, just pick the right one for your needs.
    The opinions posted above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If you're looking for a similar drop leg holster-

Our friend Greg Peters at Peters Custom Holsters makes the "Ares Drop Leg." That may be an option.

Ares Drop Leg
    The opinions posted above are my own and do not represent any current or former employer.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Fineis View Post
    Before the flood of emails, PM's, and posts:
    LOL, good call!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast