Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Solid NON-AIMPOINT Home Defense Optics for Astigmatism (EXPS2, P4Xi, etc.)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalE View Post
    To me EO Tech's were grainy, but never starfire/balloon/penis/oblong like red dots have been.
    Everyone's eyes are different, but this has been the case for me as well. With my astigmatism Aimpoints come up as starfire but EOTechs look fine although just a touch grainy. When it comes to red dots and astigmatism there isn’t one answer because it affects us all differently.
    Second place earns a body bag.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Trijicon accupower 1-4, not accupoint, but the accupower. I really love mine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Code3Patriot View Post
    Everyone's eyes are different, but this has been the case for me as well. With my astigmatism Aimpoints come up as starfire but EOTechs look fine although just a touch grainy. When it comes to red dots and astigmatism there isn’t one answer because it affects us all differently.
    Truth.

Also, I think a penis-shaped red dot would be rather amusing. Holosun will probably come out with one shortly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Pretty big difference between the Mark AR series and the VX-R glass.

For simplicity have you looked at the lower power ACOGs?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OrbitalE View Post
    To me EO Tech's were grainy, but never starfire/balloon/penis/oblong like red dots have been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Code3Patriot View Post
    The Eotech reticle is pixelated so it's not a smooth image. That's probably why it looks grainy.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Pretty big difference between the Mark AR series and the VX-R glass.

For simplicity have you looked at the lower power ACOGs?
    Yup, I run a TA33 as my primary low power fixed mag optic.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    The Eotech reticle is pixelated so it's not a smooth image. That's probably why it looks grainy.
    I noticed this as well. Never really bothered me. At least not like the penis dots.

Feedback Score
    The EOTech looks grainy because it's a real laser that illuminates the reticle. When the laser light bounces around in the holographic film it gets out of phase with itself it created bright and dark spots. This happens at the wavelength of light, a very small distance, Angstroms. The speckle is the best way to discern a real one from a fake.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Haven't heard the word Angstroms since high school chemistry!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345