Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blem Aero Lower?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Blem Aero Lower?

Wow, I dropped the ball on this one I think.

I joined this forum a little while back to get information on AR's brands before I made my purchase. Based on my research here I settled on a Daniel Defense V5 and couldn't be happier, I thought. Less than a year goes by with my V5 and the bug bites me again and I end up with a Daniel Defense MK18. NOW I'm wanting to build an AR of my own. I didn't want to purchase one of pricier lowers (Mega, Seekins, Noveske, etc.) for my first build so I researched here again and settled on a forged Aero Precision lower. I figured it was a solid lower that didn't break the bank so I purchased one. This is where I think I've dropped the ball.

I found a killer deal for the lower and assumed that when I read the details for it it would be a for a blem lower, but the ad didn't say anything about that so I ordered it. This was about a week ago. It showed up at my LGS yesterday. The woman working the counter that did my transfer was quite attractive, I guess that's my excuse for not noticing the problem at the store. I didn't notice that the lowers roll markings were inconsistent until I had looked at the lower again when I had gotten home. The main roll mark is deep and very nice but the markings for City/State above the trigger seem to thin out, and the mark at the top of the safety (Bullet with a square around it) is very thin as well. The markings for the safety on the other side are deep and consistent.

I emailed the seller earlier tonight and will call them tomorrow to see if there is any way I can do an exchange. I'm figuring I'm basically screwed, but hopefully they can help me out. Here's some pics. Am I being too critical?!

20150305_020133.jpg

I can't seem to upload any more photos, and the one that I could isn't a good one.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    It's blemish not a collectors item. If you really think it's worth the effort to exchange it, go for it.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, hopefully the retailer comes through for me, if not lesson learned regarding initial inspection. Collectors item...

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    You were trying to save money, and you bought a blem. Not a thing in the world wrong with that. But, in my opinion your forfeit the right to bitch about cosmetics...and if I was the manufacture, that is exactly what I would tell you...I would take it back on trade toward a non-blem to make the customer happy however. Good luck.
    "I would rather be the hammer than the anvil."- Rommel

Owner: Hangar 18 Custom Coatings

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
    You were trying to save money, and you bought a blem. Not a thing in the world wrong with that. But, in my opinion your forfeit the right to bitch about cosmetics...and if I was the manufacture, that is exactly what I would tell you...I would take it back on trade toward a non-blem to make the customer happy however. Good luck.
    Well yeah, I guess I was trying to save money. I didn't want to buy one of the more expensive lowers for my first build only to make small mistakes like marring the finish since it was my first time building. I couldn't agree with you more about someone forfeiting the right to complain about a blem lower when they knew that was what they were buying. When I purchased this Aero Precision it wasn't advertised as a lower that is blemished. The seller made no mention of imperfections so I figured it would show up as a non blemished lower. I made the mistake of not inspecting thoroughly when signing for it, and I imagine the seller didn't notice it when he packaged the lower. I'm just hoping that there is a chance for an exchange. I've never had to deal with an exchange when it comes to firearms. I've never held an Aero Precision lower till I picked this one up and I just wanted to find out if this indeed was a blem. Looks like the seasoned AR guys are confirming my beliefs.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I hope it works out for you, for the record, I handled an Aero lower in the shop a couple weeks ago. It was as well done or better than my personal DD, LMT and Colt. Small sample but there it is.
    "I would rather be the hammer than the anvil."- Rommel

Owner: Hangar 18 Custom Coatings

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Campbell View Post
    I hope it works out for you, for the record, I handled an Aero lower in the shop a couple weeks ago. It was as well done or better than my personal DD, LMT and Colt. Small sample but there it is.
    Thanks C. I agree, the roll mark looks really good and I dig that it's pretty simple. The "A" and "P" combined is pretty slick looking and the anodizing/parkerized (I don't know which one it is) finish is nice. Hopefully I can exchange it, if not, time to move forward and start shopping more parts for the build.

Feedback Score
    I have 2 aero blem lowers and both of them are junk. I can put a loaded mag in both stripped lowers and they dont fall free. I would get rid of them and cut your loses.
    PHIL 4:6

My parents spanked me as a child. As a result I now suffer from a psychological condition know as "respect for others"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The roll marks won't affect how well the lower works. Depending on how much you paid, it would probably be cheaper for all concerned if you keep it. Chance are the LGS is going to charge you another $25 in fees whether you exchange the lower or get another one
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Round here most transfers are $50+
    I got lucky. I know a guy that does it for $25.

OP, IF its only cosmetic, I think you should build it and shoot it. You asked. Thats my .02

Mags not dropping free... Thats a whole different beast.

*MY line in the sand has long been drawn.
    And in today's world... it's sobering to look what ground is left in front of it*
    ---------------------------------------
    But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; - Ephesians 5:3

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast