Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blem Aero Lower?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jester556 View Post
    I have 2 aero blem lowers and both of them are junk. I can put a loaded mag in both stripped lowers and they dont fall free. I would get rid of them and cut your loses.
    The one that I have seems to be fine as far as dropping mags freely.

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    The roll marks won't affect how well the lower works. Depending on how much you paid, it would probably be cheaper for all concerned if you keep it. Chance are the LGS is going to charge you another $25 in fees whether you exchange the lower or get another one
    I didn't think about the transfer fee to send it back. Luckily my LGS charges $20 per transfer so long as you have a CC permit. If not it's $25. Still, I wouldn't want to pay any additional fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Anderson View Post
    Round here most transfers are $50+
    I got lucky. I know a guy that does it for $25.

OP, IF its only cosmetic, I think you should build it and shoot it. You asked. Thats my .02

Mags not dropping free... Thats a whole different beast.
    I realize it's just a cosmetic thing and most likely it'll make a fine rifle, so long as I do my part and do a good job putting it together. I'm not typing this or any of my posts in this thread in rage, but I figured if the lower was a blem and it was advertised as not being the case the seller might do something about it. We all seem to agree that the lower is indeed a blemished lower.

He replied to my email earlier this morning at 7am which was a suprise, I figured I wouldn't hear from them till they opened. That was nice. He asked for some pictures of the problem. He stated that he no longer stocked blem Aero lowers, I guess he meant the black ones since his site advertises FDE forged Aero Lowers. I'll let you know what he says when he replies to my photos.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Take into consideration that if you send it back chances are your build will be put on hold for a couple weeks. Personally I think your being to critical. Its a basic forged lower but if it makes you sleep better at night then send it in.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You bought a blemished lower, and now you're complaining about it being blemished. In no way does the roll mark affect the function of the weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lahunter57 View Post
    You bought a blemished lower, and now you're complaining about it being blemished. In no way does the roll mark affect the function of the weapon.

Reading is critical. He didn't buy a blem lower, he bought what was advertised as a new lower with no mention of it being blemished.

OP, I'd be a little ticked off at a company misrepresenting their goods too so I get it. But in this case with what the blems actually are and the hassle of returning the one you have for a new one Id probably just call out the seller and chalk it up as a lesson learned. They probably thought they were good enough to pass them off as new and reached with this particular lower. F'em and enjoy the build.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd build it and use it. If it's in spec and runs well, the roll marks aren't really that important. What is important is the fun you had building it and shooting your rifle.

If it doesn't work out for you, consider it a lesson learned - move on and don't make the same mistake twice.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfAGunn View Post

I found a killer deal for the lower and assumed that when I read the details for it it would be a for a blem lower, but the ad didn't say anything about that so I ordered it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What Scatman said regarding the reading of the original post. No biggie though man, if I was that guy I'd want to bitch at me too.

Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanCrothers View Post
    Reading is critical. He didn't buy a blem lower, he bought what was advertised as a new lower with no mention of it being blemished.

OP, I'd be a little ticked off at a company misrepresenting their goods too so I get it. But in this case with what the blems actually are and the hassle of returning the one you have for a new one Id probably just call out the seller and chalk it up as a lesson learned. They probably thought they were good enough to pass them off as new and reached with this particular lower. F'em and enjoy the build.
    Thanks for breaking it down for our brother lahunter57. I've read portions of posts and drawn wrong conclusions as well, all's good. Hopefully they didn't try to pass them off and it was a mistake from Aero. That type of business sucks and I wouldn't want any of you fellas to have to deal with that type of BS. I'm still waiting for an email from the seller, but if I don't hear anything from him c'est la vie and build on!! I will be PM'ing you guys when I get to installing gas blocks and such.

Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    I'd build it and use it. If it's in spec and runs well, the roll marks aren't really that important. What is important is the fun you had building it and shooting your rifle.

If it doesn't work out for you, consider it a lesson learned - move on and don't make the same mistake twice.
    I agree completely, and won't let this happen again. Thanks for positive reply 556.

I don't understand Lahunter. The quote of mine you used states that when I saw the price I initially thought "This has got to be for a Blem set" but when the description said nothing of the sort and read like all other factory descriptions of this lower when advertised as non blems, I bought the lower with no question that it was a blem since it didn't say at all that it was a blem.
    Last edited by SonOfAGunn; 03-05-15 at 10:58.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cosme9242 View Post
    Take into consideration that if you send it back chances are your build will be put on hold for a couple weeks. Personally I think your being to critical. Its a basic forged lower but if it makes you sleep better at night then send it in.
    Yeah, that was in the back of my mind when I initially posted, but I wasn't certain that it was indeed a blem. After reading the rave reviews for the lower I was curious to find out if slight imperfections were typical of the Aero forged lowers. Seems they aren't. That's really what I wanted to find out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfAGunn View Post
    What Scatman said regarding the reading of the original post. No biggie though man, if I was that guy I'd want to bitch at me too.

Thanks for breaking it down for our brother lahunter57. I've read portions of posts and drawn wrong conclusions as well, all's good. Hopefully they didn't try to pass them off and it was a mistake from Aero. That type of business sucks and I wouldn't want any of you fellas to have to deal with that type of BS. I'm still waiting for an email from the seller, but if I don't hear anything from him c'est la vie and build on!! I will be PM'ing you guys when I get to installing gas blocks and such.

I agree completely, and won't let this happen again. Thanks for positive reply 556.

I don't understand Lahunter. The quote of mine you used states that when I saw the price I initially thought "This has got to be for a Blem set" but when the description said nothing of the sort and read like all other factory descriptions of this lower when advertised as non blems, I bought the lower with no question that it was a blem since it didn't say at all that it was a blem.
    I understand now. Just a misinterpretation. I thought you were saying the product title didn't indicate a blem but the description did. Sorry

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    If I didn't buy a blem and a blem showed up I'd send it back. A little more difficult after the transfer but a good place will def work with you. If you transfer fee is high it may not be worth the trouble of paying it twice though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast