Page 89 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 320 vs Glock

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    But who would leave the magazine in the pistol and then commence disassembly? The first thing you do is take the mag out.
    Who would pull the trigger on a loaded pistol to take it apart? Not me. But it still happens.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Who would pull the trigger on a loaded pistol to take it apart? Not me. But it still happens.
    It only happens when someone fails to follow the basic safety rules that don't change regardless of the fire arm right? Glock's have less margin for error there, but end of the day, matters not. That wouldn't prevent me from owing one.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 11-13-17 at 18:16.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    It only happens when someone fails to follow the basic safety rules that don't change regardless of the fire arm right? Glock's have less margin for error there, but end of the day, matters not. That wouldn't prevent me from owing one.
    Me neither as an individual.

But if we're talking about equipping a huge department it would certainly be a factor for me.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Why would I design a pistol or anything else or related to by anybody else that requires the magazine removal for maintenance? What else do you think that someone else should do? An addition similar to that only adds to complexity, that is not normally a good place to fall into. What is missed by some is the round in the chamber that allows the casing to discharge from a ND. If anyone wants to look into ND's, we can look into the different situations. It is possible to "add" items that prevent disassembly in a normal fashion, but most add negatives to the base system overall at this time.
    Before striker fired incidents came up from the purchase and presentation to re-holster, the 1911 was to blame along with some revolvers in single action.
    We can add mechanical devises that add complexity to cover user weaknesses, but at what points do we draw lines and the not so in-between black and white.
    No matter what, it is crucial for proper user protocol for the system. A lax user "WILL" always fail end up failing of most any system, be it firearms or otherwise.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    NH? Not this guy.
    Not directed at you sir.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    Which one of those discharges when you drop it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    My P320 does not discharge if dropped.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by southswede View Post
    My P320 does not discharge if dropped.
    Can that be said for all P320's though? Considering the recall is voluntary, not mandatory, that means there are P320's out in the wild that can still discharge when dropped and some owners/stocking dealers may not be aware of this.

If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Big A View Post
    Can that be said for all P320's though? Considering the recall is voluntary, not mandatory, that means there are P320's out in the wild that can still discharge when dropped and some owners/stocking dealers may not be aware of this.

Can you say all P320's will discharge if dropped-upgraded or not? Testing has shown not all P320's go off if dropped at that one and only angle. The guns that did go off at that one and only angle, did not go off every time dropped. I will say again: my P320 will not go off if dropped.

Feedback Score
    No firearms manufacturer can design a weapon that anticipates all forms of stupidity. Can't be done.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    No firearms manufacturer can design a weapon that anticipates all forms of stupidity. Can't be done.
    Stop with this kind of logic (it has no place here).

Page 89 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast