Page 86 of 408 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I renewed my CHL this past weekend at the local store. Let me tell you, all you LEOs, military, and contractor-types are a bunch of PUSSIES compared to one of the guys in that class. This dude had "above top secret" clearance. He was in the Air Force Special Forces as an intelligence officer and had been in the shit more times than he could remember. He had been shot in Vietnam (doesn't look a day over 40), stabbed by a terrorist, flew black ops with drones in Iraq, and is currently on a short leash with the government for consulting purposes.

Oh, I left out the part about the instructor having to tell him, "just push this button right here" when trying to figure out how to chamber his borrowed Sig 220. His explanation for not knowing how to operate the weapon? "We didn't have these in the sandbox. We never shot anything less than a 45."

Like I said, you guys ain't got nuthin' on this dude.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have heard stories of a friend of a friend who knew a guy "who was just like Rambo". Perhaps this guy is him.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I have heard stories of a friend of a friend who knew a guy "who was just like Rambo". Perhaps this guy is him.
    If you took this pale white 150 lb. dude, got him all sweaty, and gave him an M60....he would look JUST LIKE Rambo.

Feedback Score
    Ha! I bet the guy from my shop TRAINED that dude. (or one of his Ranger buddies did!)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottFarkus View Post
    Ha! I bet the guy from my shop TRAINED that dude. (or one of his Ranger buddies did!)
    Well... MY gunshop commando can beat up YOUR gunshop commando!!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottFarkus View Post
    Not AT the gunstore, actually at work.
    A guy I work with- who happens to be an expert at everything
    We are talking about the Ruger LCP, this guy owns a 1911 style .45, and he says "I just keep 4 or 5 rounds in my gun cause,you know, if somebody breaks in my house thats all I'm going to need"
    I won't even start on his stories about his buddies that are all Army Rangers.

Seriously...does EVERYONE work with someone like this?!

An older gentleman that I work with who knows everything about everything once told me, "Before my eyesight got bad, I used to be able to shoot an egg off of a fencepost at 50 yards with my .38. I wasn't using the damn sights either! This was right outta the holster from the hip...BAM! I used to be able to out Dirty Harry Dirty Harry. And that's the F------ truth!"

He also talks about "SK47s" and "AKSs" that he encountered in Vietnam.

And...of course...he is one of the guys that talks about .410 slugs being able to drop deer at 400 yards, and that's why they are illegal.

Okay, so here's my gunstore story...

I was walking around the sporting good's store where my brother works in the gun department. I had about 8 boxes of Blazer Brass .45ACP in one of those little shopping baskets. My brother was talking to a guy about a shotgun that he needed worked on. I saw my brother take it out of the case, and it was an 870 with a Surefire forend. I figured the guy is probably LE. I hung around the area looking at boring stuff on the shelves so that I could hear the conversation. It quickly went from " I need you to take a look at my shotgun" to the guy bitching about guns and gun owners. Mainly how people don't need ARs and handguns...that's just for law enforcement. Then I hear him say, "...and you have people like THAT...they come in here and buy boxes and boxes of cop-killer bullets!" I turned my head and saw that he was pointing at ME! I walked over to engage in some conversation with him, and I noticed that he did indeed have a badge on his belt line. I said, "excuse me?" He says, "Heck we don't even use .45s let alone BLAZER ammo!" My brother, wanting to defend me (bless him) says, "Sooooo...what you're saying is....you guys are too pussy to use .45s?" I start laughing a bit. The cop then says, "I'm glad you guys think my job is funny. Son, do you know how many cops have been killed with the exact same ammo that he is holding?!"

My brother advised him that he can go somewhere else to get his shotgun worked on...then as the guy was leaving, my brother yelled, "Be careful out there, bud!"

We had a beer together over that one.
    -

Evey -- Are you like a...crazy person?
    V -- I'm quite sure they will say so.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not sure about the universe" -- Einstein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker View Post
    I renewed my CHL this past weekend at the local store. Let me tell you, all you LEOs, military, and contractor-types are a bunch of PUSSIES compared to one of the guys in that class. This dude had "above top secret" clearance. He was in the Air Force Special Forces as an intelligence officer and had been in the shit more times than he could remember. He had been shot in Vietnam (doesn't look a day over 40), stabbed by a terrorist, flew black ops with drones in Iraq, and is currently on a short leash with the government for consulting purposes.

Oh, I left out the part about the instructor having to tell him, "just push this button right here" when trying to figure out how to chamber his borrowed Sig 220. His explanation for not knowing how to operate the weapon? "We didn't have these in the sandbox. We never shot anything less than a 45."

Like I said, you guys ain't got nuthin' on this dude.
    I want to party with him. Seriously.
    -

Evey -- Are you like a...crazy person?
    V -- I'm quite sure they will say so.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. And, I'm not sure about the universe" -- Einstein

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    We recently had a contractor show up at my fire base to work on the network. He was one of those guys that has a lot of "I'm going to try to impress you now" stories. Anyway at one point he tried to convince a few guys that his Glock 26 was illegal in the US, apparently because it's too small. I've never understood why Glock seems to attract many retarded gun myths and flat out lies.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    I've never understood why Glock seems to attract many retarded gun myths and flat out lies.
    Because they'll go through airport metal detectors, DUH!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Animal_Mother556 View Post
    I want to party with him. Seriously.
    Oh, that would be a great party. Get him oiled up, drop a few choice words of encouragement and next thing you know he'll be telling you how he had bin laden in a headlock but command wouldn't give him clearance to terminate.
    The Audacity of Nope

Page 86 of 408 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast