Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need info on PEQ-14 aka LAM-1000

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Need info on PEQ-14 aka LAM-1000

Hey guys I am about to purchase a LAM-1000 otherwise known as a PEQ-14 by Insight Tech. Does anyone know the run time on the LAM-1000? No retailer has this information and Insight has not been returning my emails. Also does anyone know the range of the IR laser? I plan to mount on a long gun. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot_man View Post
    Hey guys I am about to purchase a LAM-1000 otherwise known as a PEQ-14 by Insight Tech. Does anyone know the run time on the LAM-1000? No retailer has this information and Insight has not been returning my emails. Also does anyone know the range of the IR laser? I plan to mount on a long gun. Thanks.
    Restricted Item for the IR unit, we're an Insight Distributor. Give us a call if we can help.

Vic
    Last edited by Victor; 07-21-10 at 00:13.
    Victor Di Cosola
    sales@tnvc.com
    http://www.tnvc.com
    "Eliminating our adversaries 940nm at a time"

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Do you guys do sale of IR laser/ Illuminators to civilians? I was planning to buy one second hand because most retailers only sell to LE/MIL.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    All IR weapon laser commercial sales to civilians are prohibited , but you can own one if you can find one.

I hope the guy selling it to you is not Trey Dixon aka Stickman77. There are complaints about him on other boards and you will get nothing in return for your money. I think Victor also knows the story about him...
    Last edited by Iraq Ninja; 07-21-10 at 07:25.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraq Ninja View Post
    If you are talking about the LAM that originally was for the Navy's assault pistol program, then it is not AKA PEQ14. The two are very different. The LAM is primarily for a pistol, and the 14 is not.

All IR weapon laser commercial sales to civilians are prohibited , but you can own one if you can find one.

I hope the guy selling it to you is not Trey Dixon aka Stickman77. There are complaints about him on other boards and you will get nothing in return for your money. I think Victor also knows the story about him...

"Today, Insight Tech-Gear's LAM-1000 is known to the U.S. Military as the ILWLP."
    Insight website.

I was under the impression that the ILWLP was the PEQ-14?

I found a couple second hand PEQ-14s.

I also saw a post about Stickman77 on ARFCOM. Anyone know how that resolved?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I would also strongly advise staying away from Mike Howard, as he's been re-selling some LE issued PEQs.

Just verify where you're unit came from, better safe than sorry.

A PEQ-14 is still on my list of things to get.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    I would also strongly advise staying away from Mike Howard, as he's been re-selling some LE issued PEQs.

Just verify where you're unit came from, better safe than sorry.

A PEQ-14 is still on my list of things to get.
    Oh wow ok I'll keep that in mind.

The PEQ-14 just added it's self after I was planning on getting a PEQ-15 and an M3X but I was wanted something in a small package. I was hoping to find a PEQ-16A or 16 but no luck.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My bad...

It was late last night when I read your message and I confused the 14 with the 15. You are correct, it is the peq14.
    ParadigmSRP.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot_man View Post
    Does anyone know the run time on the LAM-1000?
    Since "run-time" on a laser is pretty difficult to define, I'm guessing that your primary concern is how long the white light will go if left on?

Product page says 1hr and peak lumens of 100 (manual says ">60"). While it means exactly what it says, what usually happens on an MFAL device like that is, even though the battery might be tapped enough to not provide enough voltage to the white light, there's often enough juice to run the laser(s) up to a certain point.

Link to manual: http://www.insighttechgear.com/manuals/lam_manual.pdf

Statement from manual: "The Laser Aiming Module (LAM) is available in two different series, Commercial and Law Enforcement. The Commercial series is denoted by the number “50” in the model number, eg. Model 150. The Commercial series offers a visible laser and visible illuminator only, NO infrared (IR)."

LE variant is a Class 3B (older labels should read "Class IIIb") and is restricted. Has less to do with IR capability than it does with laser classification (these devices are classified per whatever the highest possible hazard emitter is), though the invisibility is a factor in what makes it a 3B device. Commercial version without IR should be a 3R device (used to be called 3a).

You'd probably actually want the LAM-200/250, which is the variant that has a rail interface for MIL-STD-1913 type rails.
    Last edited by JSantoro; 07-21-10 at 11:13.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I am looking online but can't find any secondhand. There sure are a lot of new one that I can't buy. Just for clarification would an LEO be able to buy me one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast