Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Work In Progress: new F1/F4 guide for 41F submissions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    No need to include the instructions.
    5.56 is fine.
    Name, city & state where firearm is made, and caliber (if it wasn't already there like yours is) need to be engraved. No different for entity vs individual.
    Paper clip is fine.
    I wont have to engrave my name or anything on my Colt M4 lower, like i had to when I did a form 1 via my trust correct? So by going the Individual route, I wont have to have anything else engraved on my lower.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rboitano View Post
    I wont have to engrave my name or anything on my Colt M4 lower, like i had to when I did a form 1 via my trust correct? So by going the Individual route, I wont have to have anything else engraved on my lower.
    If you're filing a Form 1, you'll be engraving name and location at a minimum.

Trust vs individual has nothing to do with it. See instruction (2)(j)(7) on the Form 1.
    Last edited by BigWaylon; 07-05-17 at 21:57.

Feedback Score
    You don't have to engrave the lower, but you do have to engrave the barrel, frame or receiver.

Feedback Score
    For the CLEO copy, do we fill out the serial number or do the background check questions?

Feedback Score
    For the CLEO copy, do we fill out the serial number or do the background check questions?
    Ok the Form 1, the SN is grayed out on the CLEO Copy. If you'll read the instructions on the form, you'll see that's intentional.

Yes, you have to answer the questions in Section 11. If you'll use the PDF online, all you have to fill out is the first copy and it populates the other two.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWaylon View Post
    Interesting. Did they provide any explanation?

Is your trust set up different than most? Does the beneficiary have another role as well? Is it clearly spelled out they can be in possession of the items.
    I had my son down as a trustee. My mistake. I bought their unlimited single shot trust, and they generated the new trust and associated it with my form 1... my stuff should be headed to the NFA now.

I filed another form 1 for an SBR today, and I timed it... it took 9 minutes from start to finish, since they have all my info now. They charged me $240.95, including the tax stamp.

Feedback Score
    I read the instructions, dont see anywhere if it says we need to send photgraphs to CLEO?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I read the instructions, dont see anywhere if it says we need to send photographs to CLEO?
    If you are using a Trust the answer is no.

Feedback Score
    I went individual route. I scanned my passport photo and printed it and glued it on there. Should be just fine I think.

Feedback Score
    I read the instructions, dont see anywhere if it says we need to send photgraphs to CLEO?
    On the CLEO copy it says "Affix Recent Photograph Here" in the same locations as the other copies. If you're putting pictures on the other copies, then I don't see how you'd avoid putting one on the CLEO copy.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast