Page 79 of 408 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    That thread came to mind as I heard that idiot. I just walked away. Sometimes the difference between stupidity and ignorance is easily recognized.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yesterday at the gun show I saw more bad discipline and complacency than I've seen in a long time. I suspect this is due to the influx of new gun owners running around with no instruction or guidance whatsoever. I'm actually pretty happy about the zip tie thing, though. At one point I caught a guy across the table using my head to check out the sights on a Glock.

As far as overhearing random dumbassery.....there isn't enough room here for all of it.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by truthseeker View Post
    Yesterday at the gun show I saw more bad discipline and complacency than I've seen in a long time. I suspect this is due to the influx of new gun owners running around with no instruction or guidance whatsoever. I'm actually pretty happy about the zip tie thing, though. At one point I caught a guy across the table using my head to check out the sights on a Glock.

As far as overhearing random dumbassery.....there isn't enough room here for all of it.
    That's why you post the best of the worst. This thread is only 40 pages long now and could go on into the hundreds. The AR picture thread is over 100 pages.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

gun show banter

Overheard at a gun show in PA, I may be paraphrasing here

Customer: "Do you have the parts to make my AK full auto?"

Dealer : "No I don't."

Customer: "Where can I get the parts to do it?"

Dealer looking like he's been down this road before: "If you are interested in owning a machine gun, You may want to go talk to the class 3 dealer at the end of this row."

Customer: "No, I'm just looking for the parts so I can do it myself."

Dealer clearly annoyed: "Well if you like I can contact the ATF for you!"

The customer stormed off amidst the repressed chuckles of the other customers at the table.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggopian View Post
    Overheard at a gun show in PA, I may be paraphrasing here

Customer: "Do you have the parts to make my AK full auto?"

Dealer : "No I don't."

Customer: "Where can I get the parts to do it?"

Dealer looking like he's been down this road before: "If you are interested in owning a machine gun, You may want to go talk to the class 3 dealer at the end of this row."

Customer: "No, I'm just looking for the parts so I can do it myself."

Dealer clearly annoyed: "Well if you like I can contact the ATF for you!"

The customer stormed off amidst the repressed chuckles of the other customers at the table.

I swear to god this same thing happened to me at a gun show in Monroeville, PA in Feburary. I think I posted it here as well. The guy was dead serious in thinking it was just that easy.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i've run into some old guys that somehow missed 1986.. some people really are simply clueless. cant hold it against them too much.. ignorance doesn't necessarily equal stupidity.

ETA- and most people are clueless in general when it comes to NFA. i get some really oddball comments/questions when i show up at the range with an SBR.
    Last edited by bkb0000; 03-28-10 at 21:46.

Feedback Score
    As I'm presenting my newly aquired S&W Model 19 to the desk officer for Michigans old "safety inspection" (no longer required)

Young, lady LEO, maybe 25: How do you open this?

Me: the cylinder? Like this.

Her: thanks, I've never seen one of these.

Me: you mean a revolver?

Her: Yeah....is there a serial number?

Me: Uh huh

Her: Ok, it's safe, here's your permit........

Same department, this time an older, near retirement desk sgt type....

Him, as he is checking out my S&W 642 for the safety inspection: Hey, do you know a lot about guns?

Me: A little....

Him: What should I carry off duty (remember, by his age appearance, this guy has to be near retirement)

Me: ummmm....one of these, or just your duty weapon.....

Him: What do you think of Keltech?

Me: Aaaahhhh...there are probably better choices for you....

I have a ton of respect for LEO's....not much money for a tough job. I was an MP in the Army, so I can somewhat sympathize with thier duties....but jeeeez....learn about the tools on your belt! (I know these 2 are an exception, no disrespect to anyone)

Feedback Score
    Guy at the range yesterday "Hi-Point is better then Glock because if you run out of ammo the Hi-Point is heavier and you can do more damage with it using it as a club"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

logic

Quote Originally Posted by jacobswel View Post
    Guy at the range yesterday "Hi-Point is better then Glock because if you run out of ammo the Hi-Point is heavier and you can do more damage with it using it as a club"

Based on that logic I'm going to hang more crap off my AR to make it a more effective club!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    At the gun show this weekend. I swear I saw three or four guys carrying the same exact gun, decked out in CAA stuff with a bipod, VFG, cheap NCstar optics. Different guys, same gun. Almost like they bought and sold it to each other or they were friends passing it around.

I think this thread should be retitled to "DUMBEST thing seen/heard at a gun store/show/range."

Page 79 of 408 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast