Thread: Glock "Marksman" Barrels

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Glock "Marksman" Barrels

Can someone explain the differences between a standard Glock barrel and the new Marksman Barrels in the Gen 5?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    From what I've read the standard are polygonally rifled while the new "Marksman" are standard land-groove rifling. Not sure why they are calling it "Marksman" as that tends to imply more accuracy. Maybe they are better barrels, but we won't know till folks get their hands on them and wring them out.

Feedback Score
    Allegedly, the Gen5 barrels have a target crown, while the M series barrels do not.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    The folks I know with Glock 19M's and 17M's have noticed an improvement in accuracy with the new barrels. From the flyer I saw posted the Gen 5 looks to be the M series with different slide markings.
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    From what I've read the standard are polygonally rifled while the new "Marksman" are standard land-groove rifling. Not sure why they are calling it "Marksman" as that tends to imply more accuracy. Maybe they are better barrels, but we won't know till folks get their hands on them and wring them out.
    They are still polygonal barrels. Just improved accuracy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm a lead farmer motherf**ker! - Kurt Lazarus

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Gen 5 are cut, at least everything I've read or seen so far says so. Will know for sure when someone gets one to examine.
    Several PDs have been running factory cut barrels for a while, purportedly to improve ID by the CSU types. Improved accuracy is an added side benefit. I know when I comepare Glock bullets on the comparison scope, it's a real bi*** to run a rifling comparison with the poly barrels.

John
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides