Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FSB removal and re-installation: FSB alignment...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bamashooter View Post
    Are you saying due to the fsb and not the replacement handguard?
    Well, yeah. The drop-in handguard wouldn't affect the front site base.

The gun functioned fine, so I just re-zeroed and carried on. I'm super anal retentive about these things so it still bothers be a bit, but unless someone has a valid reason, I was thinking 2.5" change in windage isn't enough reason to justify pulling the pins and adjusting the FSB. It doesn't appear visibly crooked or anything...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by websniper View Post
    Well, yeah. The drop-in handguard wouldn't affect the front site base.

The gun functioned fine, so I just re-zeroed and carried on. I'm super anal retentive about these things so it still bothers be a bit, but unless someone has a valid reason, I was thinking 2.5" change in windage isn't enough reason to justify pulling the pins and adjusting the FSB. It doesn't appear visibly crooked or anything...
    Not sure if you have considered this, but your POI shift may be due to the new handguards. They could be torquing the barrel by putting pressure on the new retainer, or conversely the old handguards could have been. Just a thought.

Feedback Score
    Just shoot it. There are so many variables I can't imagine e how it WOULD retain zero. Sights are adjustable for a reason.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 03-19-17 at 21:44.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Banging on pins, attached to an FSB and barrel with a punch and hammer have a way of doing this. As someone else mentioned, you should be conducting a new zero anyways.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Not sure if you have considered this, but your POI shift may be due to the new handguards. They could be torquing the barrel by putting pressure on the new retainer, or conversely the old handguards could have been. Just a thought.
    I had not considered this but suppose it is possible. Either way, re-zeroed and moved on. Thanks all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Like the guys said. I'll add... You couldn't get it wrong if you wanted to.
    Rare, but it can happen.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RadScorpius View Post
    Rare, but it can happen.

Sorry but I have to ask; is that a PSA?
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    I have a factory CMMG 9mm upper that is probably that crooked. I can just barely, and I mean barely get it zeroed with an MBUS rear. It's bad. I would send it to them, but it's it's getting yanked for a 5" TROS someday.... It also doesn't actually affect cycling either since it's a 9mm w/ no gas system and it's just nplinker anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Drilling the wholes wrong or screwing up the install is not the same as what the op was doing. The holes will line it up if everything was in spec.

Quote Originally Posted by RadScorpius View Post
    Rare, but it can happen.

Story on this?
    Last edited by MegademiC; 03-20-17 at 20:57.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Drilling the wholes wrong or screwing up the install is not the same as what the op was doing. The holes will line it up if everything was in spec.

Story on this?
    Yes and yes. Inquiring minds want to know.....
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast