Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CCW chowderhead gets charged

Feedback Score

CCW chowderhead gets charged

CU employee charged in accidental shooting in medical office

This has stupid written alllllllllllll over it.

Women with a 22 handgun showing it around the office and has an 'accidental' discharge when it 'jams'. I'm surprised she didn't put it thru her hand as she fiddle-****ed with the tip-up barrel.

Colorado has pretty low training standards, as in an evening class can fulfill it, no live firing or even handling a gun. I know a lot of people around here think that we should be born with a 1911 in our hands, and be able to use it- but as more and more of the population has less and less exposure to firearms I see the logic in at least making people demonstrate that they have a greater probability of hitting a bad guy versus themselves. I'll let them wing a few bystanders for free.

The intermediate back ground is that the public universties recently were forced to allow CCW on their campuses because of how the law was written. It's only been a couple of months and we already have this happening.

With the Dems controlling the house, senate and gov here, I'd be really surprised if they didn't go after the college CCW and maybe a high-cap ban for the trouble.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    It would be nice if the states could agree to more uniform training standards, that way reciprocity agreements would be likely to expand.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I disagree. Taking a test or setting some training opens the door for shit like what happens in California. We have a right to bear arms and personally all states should revert to constitutional carry. Along with that make people accountable for their actions. This could have happened here in AZ where we have constitutional carry. So what action would you take then? You can't revoke or suspend her permit. She was negligent which means criminal charges and possible civil damages.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm with Iraqgunz. The CCW "training" standards should be very low. More a proficiency than training.

You can't fix stupid.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    People need to be held accountable for their actions in all shapes and forms
    Most people think somehow they are not that stupid and its always mechanical failure.
    Can't Quit.
    Not Dead

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This is why guns are safer in the hands of the Cartels.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I moved from TX to PA. TX has very high ccw quals (class, test, long wait) PA has none of that. I've seen just as much stupid ccw stuff in TX as PA.

Hazards of living in a free society are that some people are free to be foolish. Freedom is worth it though.

Feedback Score
    In the ideal world, consitutional carry would be preferred.

If we are to have training standards in our shall-issue states, uniformity of the training standards would be preferred. At least require live fire. That way the more stringent states (i.e. Minnesota, etc.) would not tell lenient states (i.e. Florida) to pound sand when it comes to reciprocity.

Just an opinion, and I see it as one more way to keep legislators from making further excuses for reciprocity limitations (They don't require enough training etc.)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here in KY, we have about 4 hr of classroom training that mostly covers the laws, responsiblilty of the SD shooter, what constitutes a justified SD shootong, and possible consequnces of a any SD shooting.

It basically informs the possible SD shooter of what the law in KY is and the gravity of lethal force even in SD situation.
    Very good info!
    I was a real eye opener for me, a long term firearms shooter.

Then, we went to the range and had to show we knew how to clean and operate our weapon and finally a 7 yd. actual shooting with a very easy minimum scoring.

We had to pass a written test and then the range test.

I understand the "Consitutional Carry" stand that many have, and agree to a point, but in our state (and our society), passing this simple written and range test shows that the people with CCW cards have been trained (to some degree) and are aware of what CCW is and can mean. I gives a level of additional credence of the CCW holders to LEO's and Judges and, of course, over the criminal that they just shot.

Feedback Score
    If I were to re-write the 2nd based on todays society, the right would be based upon one's knowledge and proficiency with the chosen weapon type. upon passing the test (based on significant range time and class time) the right would be unlimited. the way I see it now, that would be a reasonable way back to an educated and skilled gun owning society.

That said, the 2nd aint written like that.

Still, some folks just dont need guns.
    My capacity for self deception is exceeded only by yours.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast